Dance Dance Revolution.

Me and my friend are thinking about buy this game for his x-box along with 2 floormats for it.

Is it a fun enough game to get good at and keep you addicted to it?

(We want to get real good at this game for funs)

I used to be addicted but not as much as before...I don't play at home too much now but I play at the arcade a lot...

I have spent a good amount of money on this game...

DDR is a great game, u should buy it. Ive had all kinds of home pads, but now i really only play at the arcadr, hell i was playin last night (i got a 1227 combo *yay*, i was playn the Euro Beat non-stop course on extreme and i full combo'd it... so happy!). DDR is an awesome game.

IMO, ddr loses its luster after a while (a fairly short while). You either get addicted or wish you never bought the game.

WOW i just played it at my friends house with the floor mats for a good hour and it has to be the funnest game in the world!!!!!!

its hard at first but then it slowly comes to you where the arrows are and the beat is key to follow.

the hardest voltage lvl we could do was i think a 3, but some of the higher ones are sooo fast, like the senorita one...

I LOVE THIS GAME!:D

Originally posted by monster.under.thebed
it doesnt have any music/songs in it to select?

You have to download your own songs and DWI files.

http://www.ddruk.com/

Site looks gay, but thats where I got all the official songs in DDR. You have to register and go to the dowloads section. Then dowload all the bumper packs for all the mixes.

Then you just extract the files to your stepmania/songs directory and play away.

I used to be really addicted to the game, spending tons on money for high quality dance mats and all the ddr mixes. Be prepared to make your wallet hurt if you get into it.......

ahhh.....DDr......teaching white boys to dance since 1998

my favorite it the 4th mix...never liked the other ones

Me and my roomate got addicted to this, i never thought i was that good at it untill i played extreme and realized my mistake (was always picking hard songs) i bought it for the xbox and we have played the hell out of it, my mini review:
Game:
Great game but kinda a small song selection, im hoping more of my personal favs come out on the DL packs on live. Since there is only about 50 total songs it starts to get a little repetive after a while, but still DAMN FUN
Pad:
What can i say about it? Its a pad, its defently not the the same as arcade. its stood up to som real hard use the past 3 weeks, and still works fine. It just dosnet feel right and you find yourself missing steps because you couldnet feel where the arrow is. if you get real into it though, get something better. Im considering getting a metal pad, but i think first ill get a good quality soft pad and get better at the game first.

To bad Gamecube doesn't get any versions. I really hate to spend the money on a PS2 or Xbox just to play DDR, even though im addicted to it. Owell......

Originally posted by Icewindius
To bad Gamecube doesn't get any versions. I really hate to spend the money on a PS2 or Xbox just to play DDR, even though im addicted to it. Owell......

You can get follow the other guy's advice and get Stepmania...I have that and also the PS2->Serial Adapter so I can use my DDR pad on my PS@ and my PC...

DDR is a fun game and I suggest to only buy quality pads... You will have to put down some money but it is worth it becuase using a crappy pad will kill the game quickly for you.

I have also spent way too much money on this game...but I did get an AAA on a song (Dream a Dream) on Heavy for the first time last week. :D

ultimately, stepmania is the best for ddr at home. go get the songs you want (IRC is the answer), and pick up a ps2 to usb adapter. then hook ur pads up 2 ur comp, and you can play any and every song you want.

I got hooked on it playing the Xbox version at a friends house a few weeks ago. So I went and got the PS2 version.

One thinkg I was trying to get info on, is the accuracy of the calorie counter in the Exercise mode. Anyone know, or have linkage?

Originally posted by Prim3
DDR is a fun game and I suggest to only buy quality pads... You will have to put down some money but it is worth it becuase using a crappy pad will kill the game quickly for you.

and where do you get a good pad?

you can get good pads on ebay, buynshop.com, even redoctane.com . although if you hav alot of money to drop, get a Cobalt Flux (CF) pad, i think there ws ia cobaltflux.com. They make the best home pads, but they were like $400 a piece last time i checked. Hell, you could even build your own metal pad, heres the link for that . happy stomping.

For great DDR-based info, go to www.ddrfreak.com. Though the community isn't as active as it used to be, it's still a great source. I know a few of the admins and mods and they're good people.

The forums are especially good. Want to humble yourself? Go to a tourney and see the crazy skills of PA and freestyle. Check out the vids on the site too.

The whole music game genre is referred to as "bemani," which is short for Beatmania. Google search for Bemani and you'll get a whole slew of sites.

Good luck!

Oh man I never took an interest before, but that looks so fun! I was watching some videos..looks great. I was wonder what was a medium quality pad....I guess I'll try a red octane and download step mania.
Thanks

ahhh.. What am I hearing.. This game sucks ass...

I use to cater at a arcade/restruant (weird combo I know)

The same no life kids were in their at 8am up untill we closed We had to ask them to leave every night, and the amount of money they wasted was insane.

Bottom line. It's fun out with your mates one night to try it while your plastered. Other than that, no guy should be seen on the bloody thing.

And anyone that thinks it helps you dance. Go outside much? Noone in their right mind (britney spears maybe) would use the dance steps from this game. Unless your looking to get your ass kicked and thrown out the back door next to the dumpster.

Originally posted by SKiTLz
ahhh.. What am I hearing.. This game sucks ass...

I use to cater at a arcade/restruant (weird combo I know)

The same no life kids were in their at 8am up untill we closed We had to ask them to leave every night, and the amount of money they wasted was insane.

Bottom line. It's fun out with your mates one night to try it while your plastered. Other than that, no guy should be seen on the bloody thing.

And anyone that thinks it helps you dance. Go outside much? Noone in their right mind (britney spears maybe) would use the dance steps from this game. Unless your looking to get your ass kicked and thrown out the back door next to the dumpster.

As a side note, Remeber kids, Everyone has an ass and a opinion, and they both stink!
[Edit] I realized its not worth the possible flame war to comment on the above post, so i edited out my response to it [/Edit]

Originally posted by Rombus
As a side note, Remeber kids, Everyone has an ass and a opinion, and they both stink!
I could sit down and type up a nice long expination on why i like the game and other uses of the game besides fun (workout mode is great) but you would still be arrogant and wouldnet read my post, so i wont waste the time
Thanks for the assumption.

Please do type your essay. I would love to read why people actually like this game. I don't think my post was harsh at all.

I saw people litterally wasting their life on this game 24/7 7 days a week (not to mention their paycheck)

I would love to know whats so appealing about it.

But hey... Im agorant, so you probably wont read this post.

Please do type your essay. I would love to read why people actually like this game. I don't think my post was harsh at all.

I saw people litterally wasting their life on this game 24/7 7 days a week (not to mention their paycheck)

Ahh DDR, its one of those games where you either love it or hate it.

We like DDR because its fun. There is no better feeling when you pass your first heavy/ 10-footer song. You push yourself to the limit, just so you can get that AAA. Its really a feeling you have to experience for yourself to truly understand.

It the same thing with overclocking. Why do people spend so much money on a heatsink that will only get you 5 more mhz? Why do you overclock your 9800xt when you probably wont notice the difference in gaming? Why do people spend hours on end, tweaking their system, just for that extra 3dmark? This money and time could easily be spent on more important things in life.

Plus DDR is a great workout and you have fun while working your fat ass.

;)

Originally posted by Confused_User
Ahh DDR, its one of those games where you either love it or hate it.

We like DDR because its fun. There is no better feeling when you pass your first heavy/ 10-footer song. You push yourself to the limit, just so you can get that AAA. Its really a feeling you have to experience for yourself to truly understand.

It the same thing with overclocking. Why do people spend so much money on a heatsink that will only get you 5 more mhz? Why do you overclock your 9800xt when you probably wont notice the difference in gaming? Why do people spend hours on end, tweaking their system, just for that extra 3dmark? This money and time could easily be spent on more important things in life.

Plus DDR is a great workout and you have fun while working your fat ass.

;)

Righto... I'd much prefer to work off my 'fat' ass at the gym though... lets compare the chicks on ddr to the ones at the gym... Gym wins! :p

Righto... I'd much prefer to work off my 'fat' ass at the gym though... lets compare the chicks on ddr to the ones at the gym... Gym wins! :p

lol, I agree some of those ddr chicks scare me

People who do this get addicted, I've lost four friends to exhaustion as a result of all night dr marathons. Its horrible, but they deserved to die.

Amazing, i edited not even a min after posting. Thats great you saw people waste there lifes and paychecks, that dosnet mean EVERYONE who plays is that way. Anyway, since i dont want to start a flame war about this, im dropping it.

has anyone ever tried the Level6 DDR pads? Any reviews?

Back