DAN A4-SFX: The smallest gaming case in the world

I have seen several people mentioning turning the PSU (assuming SFX-L in this case) around to use the PSU fan as a pull fan in a slim push/pull AIO setup. What I have not seen mentioned yet (maybe my oversight) is that obviously in order to achieve this you would need to cut out the plastic shield behind the PSU, although I guess many overclockers are quite happy to mod their cases. I dont know if I would be brave enough to attempt to damage such a piece of art though.

Well using an SFX-L PSU makes the gap between bottom part of case and the PSU pretty small, and having to route all the nessecary cables and tubing it would be a mess tbh... but we'll see when the case arrives some day in the future :)

I eagerly await getting my grubby, filthy hands on this case

So what colour is everyone getting..I'm still kinda undecided...black is...well, black and you never go wrong with it but silver looks so awesome (my only concern being how much of a contrast those venting holes and usb port would be on a silver case)

Since base of the case is same for both colors, it would be grate if we were offered 3 options:
1. black
2. silver
3. black+silver (all panels in both black and silver, only one base)

The tiers will be:

Case Black (950 units)
Case Silver (350 units)
Case Black & Case Silver (50 units)
2x Case Black (100 units)
2x Case Silver (50 units)

If you need more you will need a second Kickstarter account.

If the campaign is successful Modders can order extra parts by send me an Email.

The tiers will be:

Case Black (950 units)
Case Silver (350 units)
Case Black & Case Silver (50 units)
2x Case Black (100 units)
2x Case Silver (50 units)

If you need more you will need a second Kickstarter account.

If the campaign is successful Modders can order extra parts by send me an Email.
dan prices will be in euros or dollars

Wow I didnt realise there would be so few silver cases..I thought it would be a 50/50 split..really hope i manage to get one for myself (decided that silver is what I would prefer)

Dan, will there be an option of purchasing extra panels? For example, if you want to put silver panels on a previously black case? Or, for modding efforts?

In Euro but Kickstarter will convert it in none EU countries from Euro to USD.
How do you plan on dealing with VAT for orders outside of the EU? I'd rather not have to pay an extra 20% that I'm not supposed to.

How does the kickstarter thingy works? you choose which case you wanna buy there? and get it when the campaign ends?

Hi everybody,

the original plan was to start the 7 days countdown for the Crowdfunding campaign today on 8pm German time. But in the process of validating the campaign on Kickstarter I had to do different steps. The next step is only visible if I completed the last one. So last step is now entering a real business credit card. The problem is that I currently don't have a credit card for my business account. So I ordered it this week. The real problem is the period of getting it. They said it will take two weeks so the campaign will have a delay of one week. So you have to wait one week more :(

With best regards and sorry for the tiny delay

Daniel

Last edited:
Hi everybody,

the original plan was to start the 7 days countdown for the Crowdfunding campaign today on 8pm German time. But in the process of validating the campaign on Kickstarter I had to do different steps. The next step is only visible if I completed the last one. So last step is now entering a real business credit card. The problem is that I currently don't have a credit card for my business account. So I ordered it this week. The real problem is the period of getting it. They said it will take two weeks so the campaign will have a delay of one week. So you have to wait one week more :(

Daniel

Jesus..You can't catch a break huh lol

Hi everybody,

Daniel

Greatness and perfection takes time! Almost there!

It looks neat, and I love the grill design and how flush the connectors are with the body of the PSU.
Though that badge would have to go, it would be sideways in the A4. :x

Hi everybody,

Daniel
No worries, Dan. For me, I can wait for another week. And, I also think that most of the members here can do too. We're here to support you and your project. (y)

Are there parts that would, both fit in this case and use enough power, justify the need of a 750 watt PSU?

Hmmm, well the radeon pro duo or something like 295x2 with some external watercooling. but is more of how much power you can cramp into such a small case, than this PSU is way too much power bla bla.

Hmmm, well the radeon pro duo or something like 295x2 with some external watercooling. but is more of how much power you can cramp into such a small case, than this PSU is way too much power bla bla.

The 295x2 wouldn't fit in this case and the radeon pro duo draws 350 watts.

well the card is 30,8cm and the case support 30,6cm it could be done.... but it were just an example. you get my point.

I'm know the concept of KickStarter but how does payment work? And which type of methods can we pay the A4 case?
I've tried looking around in the website but couldn't find any info on which type of methods do you have.

Almost there everyone! :)

I'm know the concept of KickStarter but how does payment work? And which type of methods can we pay the A4 case?
I've tried looking around in the website but couldn't find any info on which type of methods do you have.

Almost there everyone! :)

You can find details here: Backer Questions » Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) — Kickstarter
What forms of payment can I use to make a pledge?
You can use a debit or credit card associated with Visa, Discover, MasterCard, or American Express. Discover is currently only accepted for US-based projects.

Sorry, but we do not currently accept Maestro, or Visa Electron cards. If using a pre-paid credit card, please make sure that the card has a value of at least $1 more than your pledge amount.

Last edited:
well the card is 30,8cm and the case support 30,6cm it could be done.... but it were just an example. you get my point.

If you used multiple external power supplies and put the 295x2 radiator in place of the PSU then yes, it might be possible.

If you used multiple external power supplies and put the 295x2 radiator in place of the PSU then yes, it might be possible.

img_0122-jpg.279804

Sort of defeats the purpose of the case.

What about just removing the factory heatshrink/radiator and put a custom block from like EK, and run tubes put the back to an external radiator you dont need all Hazle with and external PSU aswell :S

What about just removing the factory heatshrink/radiator and put a custom block from like EK, and run tubes put the back to an external radiator you dont need all Hazle with and external PSU aswell :S
Would look so ugly in my opinion. Would be very difficult to transport too. But if you want to do it I say go for it!

If only they made a 1070 Mini (like the 970 minis), I would like to have a slim internal radiator too >.>

If only they made a 1070 Mini (like the 970 minis), I would like to have a slim internal radiator too >.>

I hope so! I bet we will see some 1070 minis, but they won't be reference PCBs. Thus, we probably won't see a custom water block for the a 1070 mini, just as there is no water block for the 970 mini. Correct me if I'm wrong though, is there a water block for the 970 mini? I think the best bet will still be the R9 Nano for this. Rumors are that AMD may be releasing Polaris 11 cards this year to compete with Nvidia at the upper end. If so, maybe we'll see a new R9 Nano Q3-4 or Q1 next year.

EDIT:
There is the shorter GTX 970 that's not quite mITX:
EK-FC970 GTX - Acetal – EK Webshop
Any idea on the length of this card?

How do you plan on dealing with VAT for orders outside of the EU? I'd rather not have to pay an extra 20% that I'm not supposed to.

Today I can't give you a 100% guarantee because I only phoned with my local costoms office and tomorrow I need to phone with the collection office over this topic. But it looks like that every none EU costumer have luck and you don't have to pay the 19% German VAT because you have to pay your country specific VAT. So the price for none EU costumers will not 230€ but rather 185-190€. If the collectionoffice gives me green light for it there will be extra tiers in the campaign with shipping options only outside the EU for none EU costumers.

(I higlighted this comment because it could be very important for other users!)

Last edited:
Back