DAN A4-SFX: The smallest gaming case in the world

I don't think they will release a Gtx 980, Titan X or HD 390x with a length of <= 21mm. The aim was small + maximum power. So we need every mm we could get for gpu space. By the way, this layout could not be shrink with shorter gpus. Min length is 304,8mm (170mm MB + 7mm Distance + 125mm SFX + 2x1,4mm Alu). So for a smaller case you need an different layout and maybe psu standart.

Just gathering a thoughts, but does anyone think that the Raijintek Pallas would fit? It seems like it would be too big but I'd like to make sure. :)

Edit: It seems like it may be viable depending on the motherboard's layout, along with lower profile RAM, nothing fancy. It seems like an good contender as it does fairly well.

Review with some pictures of it on an ITX board, not in English though.

Last edited:
Just gathering a thoughts, but does anyone think that the Raijintek Pallas would fit? It seems like it would be too big but I'd like to make sure. :)

Edit: It seems like it may be viable depending on the motherboard's layout, along with lower profile RAM, nothing fancy. It seems like an good contender as it does fairly well.

Review with some pictures of it on an ITX board, not in English though.

Maybe I'm missing something here but product site says 68mm height and this case max CPU height is 48mm.

Hey dondan, I may be moving my power supply into the prototype stage soon. Do you think it would be a good idea to use a smaller custom PSU, reducing the size of the case, or allow customers to have a wider but slightly limited range of PSU choices as the case is now?

Also concerning the power brick, they're not really that noticeable, just hide it under or behind the desk.

The main problem is that powerfull external psus like the dell 330w are very expansive. If you make a cheaper one it would be great, but to sell it in every country it have to conform the rules an norms for these. For example CE and RoHs.

Hey dondan, I may be moving my power supply into the prototype stage soon. Do you think it would be a good idea to use a smaller custom PSU, reducing the size of the case, or allow customers to have a wider but slightly limited range of PSU choices as the case is now?

Also concerning the power brick, they're not really that noticeable, just hide it under or behind the desk.

Maybe wait till he starts work on the A4-default? That design is smaller and uses the external psu.

Today I got a new shielded risercard. The price is less then the half of the 3M one (29$ vs. 75$). The possible bendradius is very short. It is shielded and the outside is non conductive. The cable length is 250mm. Later this day I will check if the riser is PCIe Gen3 ready.

20150324_073346kjkog.jpg

Today I got a new shielded risercard. The price is less then the half of the 3M one (29$ vs. 75$). The possible bendradius is very short. It is shielded and the outside is non conductive. The cable length is 250mm. Later this day I will check if the riser is PCIe Gen3 ready.
*snip*

Like that black :)
Hope it works as good as the 3M! :D

I got the final pics of the prototyp from Lian Li and it looks very nice.

Its done!

Here are the first shots from Lian Li of the DAN A4-SFX.
The used risercard is actualy the 3M 500mm Version, because they made a wrong order. Also the USB Cable is 500mm long they will short it to 350mm.

img_29271cyzn.jpg

img_2926lmbzu.jpg

img_29286fl7z.jpg

img_2930skabq.jpg

img_293141lsm.jpg

img_2932m1yhf.jpg

img_2933wyzg5.jpg

Its done!

Here are the first shots from Lian Li of the DAN A4-SFX.
The used risercard is actualy the 3M 500mm Version, because they made a wrong order. Also the USB Cable is 500mm long they will short it to 350mm.

Beautiful! :D

This is incredible! Just curious, what are the dimensions of the power button?

Totally kickass! :eek:
Doesn't the power cable also needs shortening? The USB cable could end up in some different places on the mother board but we know exactly where the power cable is gonna end.

A question I don't think have been asked... what is the thinkness limit of the drives? Is it possible to mount the 15mm thick WD scorpio 2TB in the front? And/or in the bottom with SFX-L?

The front 2,5" mount is only for very thin hdd's or normal ssd's. The maximum height is 10.5mm. In the bottom there will fit a 15mm hdd.

Such a nice looking case, but I really wish it would come in both black and silver like the M1 case! I'd buy one of each then.

20150324_073346kjkog.jpg

Great News, the cheaper riser could handle PCIe Gen3. I test it with a 4hour valleybenchmark run without any errors. So if I will pick it for the final system, it will reduce the price heavily.

Last edited:
Great news! One thing tho, i don't like those bends of the front panel sides, it would be nice to have a perfect line top to bottom there.

Great News, the cheaper riser could handle PCIe Gen3. I test it with a 4hour valleybenchmark run without any errors. So if I will pick it for the final system, it will reduce the price heavily.
Is that riser from Liheat, or a Mysterious Alternate Supplier?

Congrats dondan, looks good. Nothing quite like the feel of seeing your work in the metal for the first time :)

Btw, you might consider adding a small radius (2mm) to the rear corners of the panels, since they're a bit sharp as is.

Thanks Necere,

the back corners on the sidepanels have a 2mm radius ;)
Ah, okay. It looks like the main C-shaped part of the chassis that forms the top and bottom doesn't though, correct? Probably not as crucial to radius those, but you might still consider it.

Been silently following this sweet creation. Put me down for one!

Is it possible to exchange the one front usb port for a head phone out or add one just above it or the power button? Or optional on the final run?

Maybe a poll usb vs head phone out?

That riser looks really great with the black, compliments the case well.

Back