Redefining ITX
Compact Power
Size in design
A design in size

"insert slogan here"
or
ravjlSZ.jpg

or seriously
"setting the standard for small enclosures with no compromises" or something along those words

Last edited:
not serious enough ^^ oh man it is very hard to find a good slogan

some ideas:

- the evolution of small-form-factor -
- keep it small-sized -
- a new dimension of gaming -
- size matters -
- it's the size that counts -
- small, efficient & powerfull -

With the arrival of the titan x and the asrock x99 itx we'll be able to build a very powerful system in your very small case. The only tag line that comes to mind is the always helpful "Small is the new big".

A bit overused, but "Small, smaller, A4" may be an idea.

Or just ditch the slogan and make A4 very large on the box. Let the product speak for itself.

"A4: Concise"

con·cise
/kənˈsīs/
adjective
giving a lot of information clearly and in a few words; brief but comprehensive.
Origin
late 16th century: from French concis or Latin concisus, past participle of concidere ‘cut up, cut down,’ from con- ‘completely’ + caedere ‘to cut.’

This already epic small case speaks for itself. No need for a slogan. Do it similar to how the Ncase M1 was, minimalistic with just the Dondan A4 in huge font in the middle on both sides.

It isn't understandable to me why everyone is making such a big fuss out of this slogan thing... we can talk about increasing size by 0.01l or whether it should have support for 8in fdd :D but please not this marketing nonsense, sorry... dondan, just use whatever fits for you :)

Last edited:
Dondan asked about it and people are giving their opinions, I don't see what the big deal is. It's not like it's preventing discussing other things about the case - if you want to see more interesting discussions then please start one!

not serious enough ^^ oh man it is very hard to find a good slogan

some ideas:

- the evolution of small-form-factor -
- keep it small-sized -
- a new dimension of gaming -
- size matters -
- it's the size that counts -
- small, efficient & powerfull -

Size matters is fun, but your original slogan is still the best. The grammar needs to be fixed though... hence:

A new dimension in size

It has everything a good slogan needs.
- It's eye-catching because the reader immediately wonders what is means, without it being too obscure
- It's witty because size does have dimensions but the word dimensions is used in that way of seeing something from a new perspective/different aspect
- It delivers a piece of fact about the product, the size, which is actually the main selling point of it

Keep it!

Last edited:
SLOGAN:
Fun-size isn't just for candy

And you should totally rip off candy boxes designs and colors for this

Size matters is fun, but your original slogan is still the best. The grammar needs to be fixed though... hence:

A new dimension in size

It has everything a good slogan needs.
- It's eye-catching because the reader immediately wonders what is means, without it being too obscure
- It's witty because size does have dimensions but the word dimensions is used in that way of seeing something from a new perspective/different aspect
- It delivers a piece of fact about the product, the size, which is actually the main selling point of it

Keep it!

Thank you Skelett :) I think I will go with it.

And also thanks to erverbody else for your ideas :)

Last edited:
In regards to the power supply, here's some images of one I've been designing. It relies 12V from an external brick, up to 78A, but most people won't need that much. It theoretically will support up to 936W of power, distributed as follows:

12V: 59A
5V: 18A
3.3V:27A
5VSB:4A + 4.2A(for 2 special USB ports provided to charge tablets)

http://imgur.com/Hdyy3Xd,EtSoHVo,MLet5zS,wS1h1Qy#0

I'm not sure if this is any smaller than whatever you are currently considering, but it is most certainly more powerful :cool:

This is a two- board system, so it is more flexible; the boards can be on opposite sides of the case for all it cares. It is also open source, based on the Arduino platform. Note the huge heatsink; at full load it will likely require good cooling. And this is only a concept, not even in prototype stage yet.

I have a 240w and 330w brick which is already massive. Would a 500w external brick not be bigger than the a4 itself?

Dell 330w Power Brick is about 0.86L in volume. Personally I am still a fan of sfx/sfx-L solutions as there are less headaches to me and it's just 2-3L larger than a external power brick & power board solution.

Black feets for the A4-SFX. Picture is directly from LianLi. Normaly they are in silver, but the A4-SFX will be the first one with black ones.

Black feets for the A4-SFX. Picture is directly from LianLi. Normaly they are in silver, but the A4-SFX will be the first one with black ones.

fuck, now i want those for my sg05. sorry for the off-topic but can you provide a link to get these feet from lian-li?

Buy yourself a Dan A4-SFX ^^

Sorry no chance to get only the feets from then.

Would it be possible for the A4-SFX to ship with 4 additional feet like this that could be stuck/glued (later by the user) on to the left or right side of the case? This way the user could place the case lying down on its side and still get some airflow into the CPU or GPU. I know that's not the intended configuration for the case, but I could imagine this being used in an HTPC setup where the user might want to do something like this. While airflow wouldn't be optimal, it might not be terrible with a little extra room on bottom?

Last edited:
Would it be possible for the A4-SFX to ship with 4 additional feet like this that could be stuck/glued (later by the user) on to the left or right side of the case? This way the user could place the case lying down on its side and still get some airflow into the CPU or GPU. I know that's not the intended configuration for the case, but I could imagine this being used in an HTPC setup where the user might want to do something like this. While airflow wouldn't be optimal, it might not be terrible with a little extra room on bottom?

You figured you could turn a nice profit selling them to D4rkn3ss did you? :D

@D4rkn3ss: Your local hradware store probably has several diiferent rubber feet for you:)

@D4rkn3ss: Your local hradware store probably has several diiferent rubber feet for you:)

Why think the worst of your fellow human beings? :p
It's a valid use, an A4 on it's side seems like the perfect living room PC. Seeing as it would look a lot like a DVR or something.

No! Haha :p

Glad you guys also think that it could be cool to have the A4 on its side–– It seems like you could source some feet like these yourself if they aren't included with the A4

Thinking ahead and wanted to buy the NH-L9i, if I did my math correctly, the NH-L9i heatsink and 92mm Gentle Typhoon should fit correct? 23mm + 25mm = 48mm. Which is the max compatible height.

@Hanakuso: You did the math right.
@jb1: The feets are skrewed so if you drill four holes in the sidepanel and mount it there, but there will no official support for this mod, because this orientation of the case will destroy the coolingconcept. It will only work if the GPU is faced to the bottom side.

@Hanakuso: You did the math right.
@jb1: The feets are skrewed so if you drill four holes in the sidepanel and mount it there, but there will no official support for this mod, because this orientation of the case will destroy the coolingconcept. It will only work if the GPU is faced to the bottom side.

Ah got it, I thought they might be "stuck" on. Right, I understand that it wouldn't be optimal cooling wise, but could be possible with a good blower style GPU and a little space and feet on the GPU side. Sounds like the right decision to not officially support it, but might be a fun thing to try.

@dondan

Long time observer, first time contributor.

First off, regarding the slogan, i suggest either one of the following:

"a generational leap in size"
"a revolution in compact design"

My main query is regarding the feet however. What are the diameter of the feet you posted as I am afraid they are larger than the ones you have shown in your rendering of the case?

Would you not consider something more subtle and sleek like the feet used for the Inwin 901:

901-6b.jpg

I think these 2 no. rubber strip feet would be perfect for the A4 case given it's crisp styling.
What do you think dondan?

Looks great, can't wait for the kickstarter.

As for the motto/slogan, I don't think it needs one. If you want something to put on the box, just a short description of what it is should be okay, right?

DAN A4-SFX
Enthusiast-grade, ultra-small form factor computer chassis

@firies2000

IMHO 4 feet is a better choice as it doesn't depend on an absolutely flat surface for the case to stand on. I would much rather lose some style (as if anyone is looking under the case) than have a wobbly case.

Followed this one from the start, but must say I'm not thrilled by the way the design took. Given the trend in modern cpu/gpu development, I don't think gpu boards longer than 21cm will be required for a great gaming experience in the future. The 970 is a very good example right now. And if you shrink the size of the graphics card, the whole project kind of loses its point, since a gtx 970 gaming rig under 4-5Liters should be doable.

Now if you really need a 295mm gpu, I gotta hand you that this is the best riser design I've seen :)

Back