• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Damn You Bun-Bun!

Buckus

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Feb 17, 2004
Messages
1,635
How can Bun-Bun and his/her one processor compete with my dual 2.0 GHz boxes folding? Even running a hyper-threaded 3.2Ghz P4, I don't think he could keep up with a combination Athlon64 3200+ and Athlon XP 2400+, both running 24/7.

If anyone knows the answer, or if Bun-Bun wants to tell me his setup, I welcome it.

Also, does anyone who's running a headless/diskless folding farm know, does that count as one processor for each mobo/CPU, or one processor for each server? Maybe that's how Bun-Bun does it!
 
He/she could have an overclocked proc. running dual instances. Are you using all the tags?
 
Originally posted by MN Scout
He/she could have an overclocked proc. running dual instances. Are you using all the tags?

Hmmm...no overclocking at all. I run the graphical clients. It runs all the time without having that darned extra window open at the bottom of the screen. Is there a way to run the console client without it opening a window on the taskbar? Possibly as a service?
 
Elektronik... Huh. Why would he want to run F@H3? Buckus, you can make the console version invisible by running it as a scheduled task in windows. Set it to not turn off after 72hrs or whatever the limit is in the advanced options. And add the -advmethods and -forceSSE to the tagline. Before I meant Bun-Bun might be running a overclocked proc 3.4-4.0+Ghz plus dual instances would get him a lot more points than you, probably.

Bun-Bun are you there?
 
Well, I am going to get my old Duron 1.0Ghz online and folding/print server in a week or two, so I should be able to get past Bun-Bun then.

Vengeance is mine!
 
Yay, vengeance.:)
Can you overclock your AMDs? That would at more power.
 
Originally posted by MN Scout
Yay, vengeance.:)
Can you overclock your AMDs? That would at more power.

I've gotten my Athlon64 to 2.2GHz before, but decided to scale it back to OEM in the interests of longetivity/heat issues.
 
Back
Top