• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Damn it all....(tech help)

USMCGrunt

2[H]4U
Joined
Mar 19, 2010
Messages
3,103
So I built a new system (specs in sig) all at once about 6 months ago. Ever since, ive been getting BSODs like crazy. They are usually 1 of 3 messages, IRQ NOT LESS THEN OR EQUAL, MEMORY MANAGEMENT....damn cant remember the 3rd. On top of those, I also get random system lock ups and other times the screens will get all garbled artifacts and then reset. Also, if I let the system go through a soft reset after one of these, its almost guarenteed to happen again very shortly after its back up and running. Only if I completely shut it down and then restart it will I get an amount of stability back.

I assumed for a time it was the memory, tried doing it 1 stick at a time alternating slots even but that had no effect. For some reason, and I have nothing to back this up, but I think its the video cards...can't be sure though to be honest.

I know the system isn't overheating, ive monitored the temps of everything and nothing gets excessively hot (except my computer room).

Any ideas??
 
Follow the steps in the troubleshooting sticky to narrow down the potential trouble areas.

Regarding the memory errors, use Memtest86+ on each stick for at least six hours. That should help determine whether or not it's truly a memory problem.
 
Follow the steps in the troubleshooting sticky to narrow down the potential trouble areas.

Regarding the memory errors, use Memtest86+ on each stick for at least six hours. That should help determine whether or not it's truly a memory problem.

Ill follow the sticky but I have also used memtest on each stick for an overnight session without fail.


Update: just read the sticky, ill have to get in and run furmark and pull out the additional card, see if thats it...thanks for pointing out the obvious to someone obviously retarded :)
 
Not every troubleshooting "option" is obvious to everyone... hence the sticky.

Let us know what you're able to diagnose.
 
What's your PSU?

The type of error you describe is often due to bad drivers, defective hardware or power glitches. Could be PSU or mainboard.
 
Out of curiosity, what PSU are you running and are you overclocking?

But, i does sound like something is up with the ram, however it might not be the ram. It could be the mobo not giving the proper volts where they are needed.
 
Running a BFGTech 1000w PSU...ill have to dig up the actual model number....

Not overclocking past parts capabilities. I have to tell the BIOS that I have 1600 ram otherwise it only clocks it at 1333 for some reason though the ram is rated and designed to run at 1600. BIOS does say O.C. next to the 1600 selection though but ive also got voltage and timings set to what the ram is spec'ed to run at.
 
does it say any other things bsod messages? copy the message down and google it
it helps a lot
 
Ive tried googlig the bsods and nothing really gives a good idea as to what it would be.
 
#1.
IRQ NOT LESS THEN OR EQUAL

Causes:
RAM voltage is not quite high enough.

RAM timings are not set properly.

RAM is faulty.

CPU is overheating.

CPU needs slightly more voltage.

RAM controller is faulty.

#2.
MEMORY MANAGEMENT

Causes:
RAM voltage is not quite high enough.

RAM timings are not set properly.

RAM is faulty.

RAM controller is faulty.
 
update bios to latest, and make sure you set the voltage for the ram manually to ensure its getting the proper power.
 
#1.
IRQ NOT LESS THEN OR EQUAL

Causes:
RAM voltage is not quite high enough.

RAM timings are not set properly.

RAM is faulty.

CPU is overheating.

CPU needs slightly more voltage.

RAM controller is faulty.

#2.
MEMORY MANAGEMENT

Causes:
RAM voltage is not quite high enough.

RAM timings are not set properly.

RAM is faulty.

RAM controller is faulty.

Oh how I love the directness of your post, thank you very much. I will check to make sure I have my timings set manually and the voltage is proper, though im pretty sure it all is...at least the memory timings that are listed in product specs...for instance, the 9-9-9-24 2T....those are all I would mess with, my board has a ton of other settings for them of which I have no idea what they mean.

So if these things continue to happen how can I figure out if its the ram or the ram controller? Try different memory and see if it still happens?


hossdaddy: BIOS is upgraded to most current revision

umpcgrad: Not referb. as far as I know, its a brand new one from either New Egg or Best Buy....can't remember which I got it from..
 
for some reason I used to have that issue a lot
I tried new psu/ reinstall/ driver rollback
 
Back
Top