Damn Cold Cathode Tubes...Damn Them!

Z(+)DIAC

2[H]4U
Joined
Dec 12, 2004
Messages
3,231
So I decided to pick up a pair for my newly constructed computer. It seems however that once I startup my machine, only one far side of each tube ligts up. Anyone have any idea why this might happen?
 
I don't know but the same thing happened to my white ones. If I tap on the tube they go on all the way but its a pain in the ass.
 
I read that it's like a powerder coat or something on the inside of the tube that makes it glow, and if the powder gets removed or falls off, it stops lighting.

Just my $.02
 
naa its usually the way they are packed, the wiring leading into the tube from the inverter is stressed to much and gets a bad connection. So if play with it there you may notice if put at a certain angle it'll light up all the way or not at all.
had it happen alot to me
 
wel in my experiance i have had 2 full sets that dont work at all, and they were brand new, but you can remove the CC from the plastic tube its in, but then your playing with a stick on glass with dangerous gas inside. :D :D
 
try shortening the wires coming out of the inverter, going to the CCFL itself. capacitance of those wires can prevent the whole tube from lighting.
 
Back
Top