• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Damn ATI drivers...

PLANT

Limp Gawd
Joined
Mar 6, 2003
Messages
129
This is almost embarrassing to admit but I finished Cryostasis, Metro 2033, and most of The Saboteur with my 4890 core fixed at 500MHz. The entire time I was complaining to myself how slow everything was yet the thought of a problem never crossed my mind. Not sure how long this was an issue, I'd imagine at least the entire time I had the 10.3 previews installed. An uninstall, driver sweep, and reinstall of Catalyst 10.5 fixed the problem. :cool:
 
Was there an actual problem with your Catalyst install that made you uninstall & sweep? Usually you can just install the new right over the old without issue.
 
I am actually surprise someone actually finish Cryostasis, horrible game...
While I bought a 480, EVGA gave me a copy for free, its so shitty that I never want to try it again after first few 1 hours in there..

btw, what problem u were having?
 
The uninstall and sweep was for good measure. The problem was my core clock being fixed @500 at all times, desktop and games. It is now at 240 on the desktop and 880 in games.
 
Was there an actual problem with your Catalyst install that made you uninstall & sweep? Usually you can just install the new right over the old without issue.

Every time I try installing over the old catalyst drivers, I end up with problems. Overclocking doesn't work right, profiles broken, driver control panel crashing instantly, etc. I always have to do an uninstall + driver sweeper before installing the latest driver to avoid these problems.

While I love the performance of my new 5850, I gotta say, I never had this problem with Nvidia's drivers.
 
Back
Top