• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Daisy-Chaining using DisplayPort

djfunz

Limp Gawd
Joined
Apr 2, 2007
Messages
161
I've never entertained the idea of having multiple monitors but now I would like to. I currently have the Dell U2412m connected to a GTX 680 via DisplayPort.

The GPU has one DisplayPort and one HDMI port. The monitor only has a DisplayPort and a DVI connection.

How would I implement the Daisy-Chaining if I would purchase another Dell U212m? A Google search came up surprisingly empty.

Thanks for the help.
 
You can only daisy chain if you have a display with the feature. The u2412m doesn't have it. You can however, run a second u2412m off of the HDMI port using a simple HDMI to DVI cable.

Also, doesn't the 680 natively have at least two dvi ports?
 
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I'm not big on DVI. DisplayPOrt or HDMI would be preferable.
You realize that DVI is virtually identical to HDMI, right? Saying you don't like DVI is like saying you don't like HDMI either.
 
Absolutely, let me clarify. I don't like the actual form factor of the cable connector. I love how HDMI and Display Port just plug in without screws, not to mention how much smaller they are.
 
Back
Top