I think alot of it can be attributed to the distinct lack of high PPD units like the 600 pointers. It appears that the daily average has dropped across the board as our overtake time has dropped to just over 2 weeks. I imagine that things are probably looking a little brighter with the release of the new round of 600 pointers.
It's all because of the decrease in large points work units. We are still producing nicely, just everyone across the board is not getting as high of a ppd as they were before.
It is a combination of the new dump of 600pointers all the sudden and all the small tinkers we were getting. It seems a good portion of the team is really optimized for chewing through the big point gromacs. That and the big gromacs still carry a bonus IIRC.
I haven't done any complex analysis or graphs or anything, but I think we've been keeping the daily production gap steady or extending it on our closest competitors. That's a pretty good sign that the WU types may be changing, but we're still doing favorably against other teams. Keep an eye on the number of active members for another clue about the health of the team - I think we've been doing pretty well in that arena lately as well.