DAC Options?

Tosicc

Limp Gawd
I am looking into DACs so that I can sufficiently power my HD595's from my laptop... What are my most cost-effective options?

The HD595s don't need any additional power, they are very efficient at 50 ohm and any onboard solution will be great for them. An external DAC/Amp will certainly provide a better sound but it's not "necessary".

I use a Fiio E17 with my HD595, actually using it as I type this
it does sound better but they are pretty good on their own.

The HD595s don't need any additional power, they are very efficient at 50 ohm and any onboard solution will be great for them. An external DAC/Amp will certainly provide a better sound but it's not "necessary".

I understand its not necessarily but the difference between when I plug them into my laptop (with the 3.5mm adapter) compared the receiver is NIGHT and DAY... Hardly audible at high settings because of the missing highs and lows. I assumed the soundcard couldn't "drive" them --- so it seems I might need the amp/DAC combo. I am unfamiliar with audio hardware, which will give me the best bang for my buck?

I'd get something portable since it's going to be paired with your laptop. Maybe a TTVJ slim with DAC, though I've heard mixed reviews on the DAC.

Back