DAC + AMP combo advice

illram

[H]ard|Gawd
I need something to do the following things:

1. DAC that can also decode Dolby 5.1 with optical in.
2. Amp to drive Sennheiser 598 and two Polk Monitor 70 floorstanding speakers with a remote control.

I had a cheap Onkyo AVR that bit the dust (for the second time) and I want to replace it with something(s) smaller and more dedicated to the limited things I am doing in my living room setup. (PC & Xbox-->TV-->optical out to 2.0 setup.) I'm particularly interested in getting good audio out of my Sennheisers, so I am looking at speakers+ headphone amp combos.

Right now I'm trying to decide between:
Topping TP32EX
NAD - D 3020
TEAC AI-301DA

and a FiiO D07 DAC (mainly due to its ability to decode Dolby, otherwise I'd use the integrated DAC in one of the above. My understanding is if you can't decode Dolby, you cannot get any sound if you cannot switch from Dolby to PCM out from the TV, which I can't do.)

The Topping is a lot cheaper than the others but has no online reviews. I'd love to have just one box, but the TV is the weak link as I need to decode Dolby 5.1

Thoughts? I'd be willing to spend maybe a little more, but I'd like to spend less if I can still get decent sound. Thanks!

For anyone who is curious I went with the NAD D 3020. Thing is a little tiny beast. I am in an apartment complex so I can't really pump up the volume but it still drive my Polk Monitor 70's to good levels. And holy shit, do my 598's sound amazing in this thing.

Plus it's tiny and looks cool, which I am a sucker for. You pay a premium for that with this thing.

Haven't tried it with the FiiO DAC yet as I have not yet had to watch any broadcast through it.

Back