• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

D-Tek JR-120 Radiator

orkan

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Jul 9, 2002
Messages
1,488
How would you rate this unit?

I am currently using this in a loop with an eheim 1250 and WW block. Seems to perform very well, but as I have no experience with other rad's, I have nothing to compare it to.

Thoughts?
 
Is the JR-120 the heatercore that they say is equivalent to a Chevette heatercore?
 
Is one of them enough to adequately cool my CPU, GPU, and NB, or would I need to run two of them to achieve the temps I have now? Currently, I'm only using it to cool my cpu.
 
MrHappyGoLucky said:
It is a true heater core and will outperform a BIX under any situation.

The original ProCore outperformed a BIX but the JR is about 10% smaller than the original. The JR and the BIX about the same size and both are copper. I have tested both and there really was no difference if the BIX has a shroud on it.

One the big problem with the BIX is that the fan mounts too close to the core surface and you dont get good airflow. However, you can correct this by using a shroud or a spacer between the fan and the core surface. You can drop 2C off your coolant temperature just by reducing the dead spot from the fan motor.

However, the JR is about 10 buck cheaper.
 
Back
Top