• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

d-tek fuzion installation

Konquest

n00b
Joined
Jul 11, 2006
Messages
61
Hey guys I just got a Fuzion to replace my old cpu block and i'm having some installation issues. When I mount it and start tightening the open ended nuts, the manual says to keep tightening till it reaches the spring limiter. When I did that, before I hit it the mounting plate snapped off of the block and I had to open the block and put it back in.

Is there something wrong I'm doing? Right now I have it installed but the springs arent compressed very much and I'm wondering whether this is affecting the cooling performance.
 
You installed all the HW per the instructions? The spring limiter should stop the nut before anything "bad" happens.

At least it went fine for me when I installed mine. I have to admit tho that the Swiftech method seemed a little more foolproof than the D-Tek method.
 
You can also go ahead and mount the block using a backplate as it will allow you to remove the spring limiters. Doing this will create better contact while not risking damage.
 
mine didnt come with a backplate just the two diff mounting plates for intel and AMD mobos. I followed the directions but im just wondering that because I didnt tighten the nuts all the way down to the spring limiter my cpu temp is higher than it should be.
 
You should really use a back plate then, I think thermalright makes one that works great and its very cheap.
 
Back
Top