• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

D-Sub or DVI?

eLus1ve

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jan 19, 2004
Messages
294
Sorry but this is my first experience with an LCD. I noticed there'a analog port(the D-Sub I'm guessing) and the white digital port. At the moment I have both of em hooked up, but are they working simeoultaneously? If not, what's the advantage and disadvantages of both?
 
No, they shouldn't be working simultaneously and not all monitors will let you select which input to use. The digital DVI-D is the better connection, if for nothing else because you are going from digital to digital to digital. With the other "VGA" connector, you're going from digital to Analog back to digital. Some signal loss may occur and of course, your mileage may vary.
 
The D-Sub is just for systems that dont have DVI video out. You'll want to use the DVI connector, its straight digital like BriSleep said.
 
Back
Top