D-Link WUA-2340 Issue.

[BB] Rick James

[H]ard Dawg
I recently purchased the DI-634M MIMO Wireless router and the WUA-2340 USB networking card. Both work great, I'm getting awesome reception with this set up and really awesome wireless performance. I have a laptop that is on this network as well. I have MAC Filtering and WEP security set up.

Recently, my desktop PC that is running the WUA-2340 USB card has been getting kicked off my network. Well, getting kicked off the network isn't exactly what is happening. It's almost like if my PC sits idle for a period of time the USB card goes undetected and windows can't find that it's plugged in. At this point I can unplug the card and re-plug it in and bang connects right up and Windows see's it again.

This isn't happening with my laptop which has it's own WIFI built into it self. At first I thought it was a setting on the router which was timing out and kicking me off, but this doesn't happen to my laptop so I'm thinking that this is solely an issue with the USB card.

I've looked online for a known issue with this product but it's kind of a new one and there aren't really anything on it.

Any ideas as to what I can try to fix this "timing out issue" on my PC? I get no error when this happens, it just looses signal and windows doesn't seem to recognize it's there.

P.S. I have the most recent Firmware updates on the router, and the USB wireless card doesn’t have any updated drivers out for it. Just the ones that shipped with it. Also running WinXP w/ all updates installed.

Back