D-Link router for home set-up?

g|aSsJaw

Limp Gawd
Can you guys recommend a good D-Link router to replace my Linksys BEFSR41 v.3. The Linksys has never stopped giving me problems and I'm ready to switch to D-Link. The router I have now is a Cable/DSL router with 4-port switch. Anything similar from D-Link you'd advise me to buy?

We have a US Robotics one, had no problems with it yet. Simple setup and a nice control panel. And it also looks cool. Its only 4 port it has built in print server and hardware firewall. Don't know if you guys use more expensive ones but I like this one just fine.

I'd recommend a more recent Linksys router; I've had the least troubles with all the ones I've used, compared to other products. *shrug* :)

Personally, when a dedicated hardware solution is not needed I use and recommend Netgear routers for SOHO use. I am using the WGR614 v4 personally and have not had a single 'real' problem with it yet aside from an issue where it is not forwarding my DNS information properly through DHCP, which may be a result of the newer (perhaps immature) firmware I just flashed.

Simple solution though until it's fixed in a new firmware; set DNS manually on my machines. /shrug This seems to be an issue with V4 of the WGR614 series though as several of my coworkers are using v1/2/3 with their latest firmware and all is well. v5 is out on store shelves now.

Not that this helps you pick out a DLink router much... =) ... but figure I'd offer my two cents.

Back