D-Link DWL G122 WLAN drops off signal problem.

xloan

n00b
okay.. I have a d-link dwl g122 wireless lan adapter with the revB driver..My problem is, it drops off signal for about 20 seconds especially when i play online games like counter strike. When i play, I can connect with ease and no problems and later on for about 20 secs in game play I lag and fast forwarded and apparently, I'm dead..it sucks isn't it? I know... I installed the driver successfully and had no problems installing.. I also updated the drivers with from their site and still no luck.. I am using a windows xp home edition (32 bit).. I googled alot and can't find any of my solution for this. I tried different drivers from the d link site http://www.dlink.com/products/?pid=334 no luck still.. After awhile, I upgraded my system into a 64 bit edition of windows xp pro. I installed the driver from the dlink site and boom!!! it doesn't drop the signal anymore.. no lag... but right now, I am not yet ready to move into 64bit. Why? because i don't have the complete hardware yet for my system. It will take time and money to buy.. Right now, I'm still trap to windows xp 32 bit home edition and suffering from this network adapter.. What is the problem with it? is it the drivers? and how come there is no problem in my windows xp pro 64 bit edition?... I tried reformatting my 32bit xp and no luck still..I believe that there is a tiny bit of this problem to work in windows xp 32bit.. :(

I know there are other people have the same problem too.. Can't find the solutions.. reinstalling the drivers wont work too.. hmmm.. any experience? i would be glad if you help me out..
THANK YOU!

Back