D-Link dir-655 vs. Trendnet tew-633gr

Siryak

Limp Gawd
I am torn between these 2 routers. I know they both have the same hardware, so basically it comes down to which one has the better software? Thoughts?

As a current owner of a DIR-655 I have had no problems at all ever since switching from a DD-WRT flashed WRT54G. There are plenty of features (Gigabit Ethernet and especially QoS), configuration is easy, and IME I haven't encountered a single lock-up since buying it 6 months ago (and I'm always putting a heavy load on the wireless network ;)).

Definately get the DIR-655.

As a current owner of a DIR-655 I have had no problems at all ever since switching from a DD-WRT flashed WRT54G. There are plenty of features (Gigabit Ethernet and especially QoS), configuration is easy, and IME I haven't encountered a single lock-up since buying it 6 months ago (and I'm always putting a heavy load on the wireless network ;)).

Definately get the DIR-655.

Thanks that is the direction that I was leaning. :D

Also, as a current owner of a tew-633gr, I have zero problems with this router, plenty of features, gigabit ethernet and QoS, and havn't had a single lock up and I have 4 computers pulling from it.

And the guys that are on wireless havn't had any complaints unlike my last router which was a linksys.

Plus, I picked this one up when it was on sale for $75, couldn't beat that deal.

Also, as a current owner of a tew-633gr, I have zero problems with this router, plenty of features, gigabit ethernet and QoS, and havn't had a single lock up and I have 4 computers pulling from it.

And the guys that are on wireless havn't had any complaints unlike my last router which was a linksys.

Plus, I picked this one up when it was on sale for $75, couldn't beat that deal.

Yah I figured either one would be just fine. What it mainly came down to is Circuit City had the DIR-655 cheaper at the time I bought it, so I just went with that one. Anyway so far the 655 has been rock solid for me. I love this QoS system!!!

I have a 655 and am loving it. The GUI is very intuitive and is has been solid as far as stability goes.

Back