D-Link DIR-655 @ buydig.com $59.99

Kenworth

2[H]4U
I don't know the site, I don't claim they are reputable. I don't know how much shipping is. All I know is that this seems like a pretty good deal if this site is on the up and up and the shipping isn't like $30.

Have at it and yes, I totally snagged this off SD.

Hopefully the community here can supplement if the site is legit or if they have this router and like it or not. (Might even pick one up for myself if the [H] community thinks it is beuno.)

I have this router and like it very much. I've only had to reset it once in the year I've owned it. Very stable and fast, both wired and wireless. I haven't, however, strained it much as my desktop and htpc are wired connections and I only have one laptop.

It gets great reviews online, and is normally around $90, so this is a good deal if the site is reputable (no clue in that department).

That router has served me well for two years. I normally have 4 PCs connected to it, sometime 1 or 2 more if I'm troubleshooting a friend's machine, plus the HT. The speed is good, wireless transmits reliably, the router mannagement software is pretty straightforward. I haven't shopped for one since then so I'm not sure if the price is good for this particular model but I paid $95 new (or thereabouts).

Love the router. I paid $75 and $85 for two of them USED. Awesome price for a new one.

SD people saw the new firmware sucks really badly...

that and the shipping is no longer free.... sigh.... need a wireless N router with USB support sooon

I've had this router for about 3 years now. For the most part, it's pretty good for laptops/desktops. For the price, you can't complain. I have 2 desktops hardwired, 6 desktops/laptops connected via wifi, 2 iphones, 2 PS3s, a Wii, and a Cisco VPN firewall hardwired with another desktop and VoIP phone connected most of the time. For the most part it's pretty solid. I initially bought this to replace the WRT-54G I was using which was having problems with my crap book pro and my friend's crap book pros as well. Stupid Apple products.. these things even caused the Cisco Aeronet 1232Gs at my work to have problems until Apple released a firmware update.

If there was 1 feature I wish it could have, it would be to have a network monitor on throughput per connection. I only have a 6mb DSL at home, yet in some cases I've seen the device get so flooded with UDP broadcasts that it slows to a crawl. I've seen this with a friend's laptop connected which I am pretty sure is full of some trojans/viruses, but even then, she connects at 54 mbits/sec and manages to flood the device, which means that the processor on the device isn't sufficient to handle the full bandwidth that the device claims. Sessions/connections are MAYBE in the 200 or so range, so if that's the bottleneck, it might be another issue which may or may not concern you.

SD people saw the new firmware sucks really badly...

I own the router, the 1.3 firmware SUCKED. 1.3 you couldnt flash back and it had major DNS issues. These are now resolved as of firmware 1.33NA. Awesome router except for about 5 months till they got their crap together.

Great router!

My biggest complaint with it is the number of MAC addresses that can be added to its filter is limited to 24.

For that amount of money, you can't bet it. I have two of them.

The new DIR-665 is out now.

deal dead. damn i missed it.

i need a good router bad... PM me if you got one for sale :)

Back