D-Link DI-624 compatiblity issues?

txlonghorn

n00b
Hello,
I just put together a new computer and after installing XP, and all the drivers I cannot get it to pull an IP from my D-Link router.

I plugged the new machine direct to the cable modem and was able to get connectivity, so the NIC works.
I can't ping the router from the computer either. I have another system on the D-Link and it has no problems at all. I have switched the cables from the working machine to the new machine and still no luck. I've also used the known working port to the new computer with no luck.

I had an old linksys router lying around and I plugged the new computer into it and was able to get an IP. (Linksys router was not hooked up to the cable modem)

I am running an ASUS A8V Deluxe with on board Marvel Gigabit LAN.

Anyone have problems with the D-Link communicating with a new XP machine?

Thanks in advance!

Have you tried setting the driver on the NIC to force it to 100 Mbit Full duplex? It may just be having problems auto-negotiating the port speed with the D-Link.

Thanks for the reply. I didn't try your suggestion out, but instead I reset my router to default settings and boom it picked up the new computer. I manually redid the settings and its still working fine :)

Back