D-Link DI-604 Problem

CoRPS

[H]ard|Gawd
Alright. I bought a D-Link DI-604, before I installed everything, it was working great. Except I coulnd't submit forms, like subjects, or replies ont hese lovely forums
Anyway, now that I have installed it, there is NO internet 'flowing' through it.
What do you think is wrong, what should I do?

I have the same router. More than likely you need to configure it to work with your computers and ISP. The Dlink site has a lot of FAQ's and good support I suggest starting there. To access your router type 192.168.0.1 in your browser. Without knowing what type of internet connection you have and how your network settings are currently configured noone will/can be of much help.

Well if your LAN part works fine and you have setup everything(to the best of your ability) to match your ISP's settings I have one suggestion cuz I had a similar problem with my router and ISP(coincidentally I have the same router as you, but my problem was with an undocumented thing my ISP did, not the router.)

I suggest finding the option in the router that lets you copy a MAC address from one of the computers connected to it and use it as its own. Tell it to copy the MAC address of the computer that was hooked up to the internet before you had the router. Some ISPs that are really lame, only allow the connection to work for the first MAC address that ever gets hooked up to them. It's really annoying cuz then if you ever change NICs or computers you have to call them up and tell them to remap the MAC address to the account. Mine is like that. If that doesn;t work, I suggest calling your ISP's tech support, they might be able to help you some making sure all connection settings are correct.

Back