RadicalRevolution
n00b
- Joined
- Mar 8, 2010
- Messages
- 32
I just a bought the the DGL4500 router from a buddy of mine. Everything works fine, but the gaming priority.
I have Gamefuel marked/ticked, but still it does not prioritize my gaming needs, mainly Counter-Strike Source (CS:S).
Situation:
Live with 2 other house-mates, I used to have my own internet service provider but 1 week ago we decided to share due to costs and such. I game quite a lot (4-6 hours a day), but when my housemates downloads Torrents or streaming live videos, my ping in CS:S spikes to 300 or so and back down to regular 20-30 and back up again back and forth.
I know that this is not because of my internet since I wasn't lagging before when I have the internet to myself.
By the way, I am connecting the router directly to my PC using a LAN cable, and my house-mates are connected through wireless.
So, those that uses DGL4500 with success in gaming priority, can you please share with me your current setup or tweaks you did in the Web-Browser Setup?
I know, I should have just keep the internet separated from my house-mates but that is a little bit too late now having already bought the router.
Cheers,
Eric
I have Gamefuel marked/ticked, but still it does not prioritize my gaming needs, mainly Counter-Strike Source (CS:S).
Situation:
Live with 2 other house-mates, I used to have my own internet service provider but 1 week ago we decided to share due to costs and such. I game quite a lot (4-6 hours a day), but when my housemates downloads Torrents or streaming live videos, my ping in CS:S spikes to 300 or so and back down to regular 20-30 and back up again back and forth.
I know that this is not because of my internet since I wasn't lagging before when I have the internet to myself.
By the way, I am connecting the router directly to my PC using a LAN cable, and my house-mates are connected through wireless.
So, those that uses DGL4500 with success in gaming priority, can you please share with me your current setup or tweaks you did in the Web-Browser Setup?
I know, I should have just keep the internet separated from my house-mates but that is a little bit too late now having already bought the router.
Cheers,
Eric