Cysis 2 DX11 and Sandbox Update

Game is unplayable with system in sig, after patching to 1.9, then patching DX11, then HiRes pack

Game seems to run smoothly, but every 2 seconds or so, moving the camera around with my mouse just drops to about 2-3fps, then moves smoothly, then ...rinse repeat.

Disabling DX11 in-game fixes this. Any ideas?

Running the game at 1920x1080, Ultra, Hi Res textures, 16xAF

Edit: Ran the game in a window, so I can monitor CCC & my GPU usage on each card in crossfire

Long story short: GPU 1 is only running at 53%. GPU 2 isn't even turning on, and I have Crossfire enabled. GG AMD.

Edit 2: I guess Crossfire doesn't work if you're playing in a window, so I can't see what GPU usage is on GPU 2 while I'm actually in-game, but I'd assume it's similar to the 53% of the first one
Edit 3: Running GPU-Z (two instances, one for each GPU) and they're showing less than 40% usage for each card, 33% for GPU 2.. so the scaling doesn't seem right, but idk.. game runs horrible though

hmmm more cfx sillyness

That is why I just go with one fast card and a smaller screen these days. Too much effort to go HUGE!

Do DX11 and Hi-Res Textures make a difference on Extreme settings, or only on Ultra?

Also, would it be better if I played on Extreme with DX11 and Hi-Res both Enabled, or Ultra with DX11 and Hi-Res both Disabled?

Thanks

I remember playing C1 @ 25fps the whole game maxed and enjoyed it.

The most demanding game on PC will not yield 60fps with a single and sometimes dual video cards. That person is doing it wrong. Even though mid-range users can turn down the settings, they still want to see if their PC can hang with the big boys. Then complain that it can't
Anything over 30fps in SP is fine for any game. 60fps is too expensive on the PC to achieve with every game.

I also played C1 at 25-30fps the first time I played it, then when I upgraded to something that couple play it at a consistent 45+ fps I thought holy shit this is so much better how did I ever play the game at 25fps.

Do DX11 and Hi-Res Textures make a difference on Extreme settings, or only on Ultra?

Also, would it be better if I played on Extreme with DX11 and Hi-Res both Enabled, or Ultra with DX11 and Hi-Res both Disabled?

Thanks

In some places I noticed DX11 being disabled on the Extreme Setting even if DX11 is enabled in the menu.
The walls were flat, when back to Ultra and the walls were tessellated again. Weird.
I think people saw a significant performance boost because some DX11 features are disabled in Extreme.

This happened before you fight the Tri-pod while leaving the Hardgreave Building.
There's an alley and a wall with graffiti on it. I tested it there, also the bricks covers up the graffiti in DX11, but it's fine in DX9.

In some places I noticed DX11 being disabled on the Extreme Setting even if DX11 is enabled in the menu.
The walls were flat, when back to Ultra and the walls were tessellated again. Weird.
I think people saw a significant performance boost because some DX11 features are disabled in Extreme.

This happened before you fight the Tri-pod while leaving the Hardgreave Building.
There's an alley and a wall with graffiti on it. I tested it there, also the bricks covers up the graffiti in DX11, but it's fine in DX9.

Hmmm...I was playing earlier everything on Ultra, DX11 and Hi-Res Textures and getting a little over 30 frames. I changed Objects from Ultra to Extreme, just that one setting and my frames boosted to around 45 frames but tessellation went away. I really liked that feature too!

Back