Cygwin: Limit user access to home dir?

spookykid

Gawd
Hi all -

I'm using cygwin to run openssh on a windows 2000 machine. My goal is to have a handful of user accounts with their home directories set to be subdirectories of my apache htdocs folder, so that each user can ssh into the box and transfer web files to their personal htdocs folder.

I've got the accounts set up in windows, synchronized them with cygwin, and I can SSH into the accounts just fine. I'm brought into the htdocs/<username> directory by default, as expected.

Problem is, when I SSH into them (I'm using winSCP), I can browse around to other directories.

How to I lock down the permissions so that the users can only see their own home directories? I don't want users to be able to change other users' files. I also can't affect the ability of Apache to be able to display the contents of these directories.

Any ideas? Thanks!

Forgot to mention - the file system on the server is NTFS (if that matters), and all of the user accounts that will be using SSH for file transfer are set up under the general Users group in Win2000. (I've also sync'd the Windows groups with Cygwin).

Thanks!

Back