Cyberpunk graphic settings and some questions

ChrisUlrich

Weaksauce
Sorry if this has been asked before. Doing some searching and I feel like I am missing some information.

AMD 5800X
32GB DDR4 4000
RTX 4090
Samsung S95B 55" OLED

I have the settings set to "custom" which is basically everything on its highest setting + DLSS/Ray Reconstruction/Frame Generation. Super Resolution set to Auto and sharpness set to zero.

I am finding stuff on google telling me to enable DLSS 3.5 by going into the Cyberpunk Folder and messing with DLSS_D and blah blah blah.

I am finding stuff telling me that that "ultra settings" and ray reconstruction makes things worse for the game? FPS and image quality?

There is so much testing for me to try to see if anything is true about those things. But before I get to it, I am hoping the answers already exist.

nah you don't have to do anything like tweaking files or downloading mods. just set the graphics preset to Raytracing Overdrive (the one farthest to the right, set DLSS to Quality (i assume, for a 4090 anyway... maybe they're beastly enough to handle DLAA instead of DLSS but i kinda doubt it), adjust your FOV slider to your liking (probably 90 or 95 based on your 55" display, unless you sit really far from it), make sure frame gen is enabled and away you go.

nah you don't have to do anything like tweaking files or downloading mods. just set the graphics preset to Raytracing Overdrive (the one farthest to the right, set DLSS to Quality (i assume, for a 4090 anyway... maybe they're beastly enough to handle DLAA instead of DLSS but i kinda doubt it), adjust your FOV slider to your liking (probably 90 or 95 based on your 55" display, unless you sit really far from it), make sure frame gen is enabled and away you go.
Ok. That's awesome! Thank you!

So add sharpness... interesting. Everything I read said to bring it to 0! I have yet to try it but i'll definitely give it a shot!

Ok. That's awesome! Thank you!

So add sharpness... interesting. Everything I read said to bring it to 0! I have yet to try it but i'll definitely give it a shot!
I have the sharpness set to 0.6, looks great and crisp.

My screens etc here:

Code:
https://imgur.com/a/FJSpTEi

12700KF
64GB DDR4

My FOV is set to 100 as I am on 34" Ultrawide.

Game runs at 100fps+ with DLSS Quality, higher with DLSS Auto.

DLSS 3.5 /is/ Ray Reconstruction, so nothing needs to be done there. You can update the FG and DLSS dll files to the latest versions which is 3.5.0 for both, it may or may not make a difference to sharpness/ghosting, I noticed little to no difference but update to the latest anyway out of practice.

Can you give any information in advance, what the best settings are for my (and possible others) System?

Ryzen 5 3600 (stock clock)
16GB Ram
RX580

I would try the Medium Preset and set FSR 2 to "Quality".

- Also, if that still doesn't give you the desired performance - proceed to turn "Screen Space Reflections" to Low or Off.

(That's about all you can do, I'd imagine)

Last edited:
Sorry if this has been asked before. Doing some searching and I feel like I am missing some information.

AMD 5800X
32GB DDR4 4000
RTX 4090
Samsung S95B 55" OLED

I have the settings set to "custom" which is basically everything on its highest setting + DLSS/Ray Reconstruction/Frame Generation. Super Resolution set to Auto and sharpness set to zero.

I am finding stuff on google telling me to enable DLSS 3.5 by going into the Cyberpunk Folder and messing with DLSS_D and blah blah blah.

I am finding stuff telling me that that "ultra settings" and ray reconstruction makes things worse for the game? FPS and image quality?

There is so much testing for me to try to see if anything is true about those things. But before I get to it, I am hoping the answers already exist.
For Ray Reconstruction, you should test that yourself. Play the game for a few minutes in the same area, with it off and then on.

With Ray Reconstruction on, you may notice more DLSS ghosting, every little edge have a visually enhanced look, but also a sort of AI Art Oil painting smearing quality to the visuals, which gets worse at lower resolutions.

Ray Reconstruction can improve the quality and clarity of the RT effects. But, if you experience all of those other visual issues along with it, its overall a worse experience and IMO, Ray Reconstruction should turned be off at that point.

If you haven't figured it out - Path tracing in this game is a mixed bag. It can make things look better in stand still images, but once you start adding movement around the way that they handle path tracing in this game is such where it adds a lot of blur/muddyness around. I keep it enabled, but honestly some might be better off just leaving it disabled as it is a huge performance cost and situationally looks worse compared to raytracing just set to ultra. I believe the blur path tracing adds is due to how they optimized it for this game to achieve decent FPS, because it's processing the path tracing updates slower than your actual FPS. So as objects are moving, etc the lighting is actually lagging behind the object moving.

Back