Cyberpunk 2077 PC System Specs released

RareAir23

Limp Gawd
Hi all. I'm surprised this hasn't been discussed yet (searched the entire HardForum before I posted this) but earlier this week CD Projekt Red released and PC system specs for Cyberpunk 2077. Here's what we got:

Minimum requirements:

CPU: Intel Core i5 3570K or AMD FX-8310
Memory: 8GB
GPU: nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780 3GB or AMD Radeon RX 470
Storage: 70GB
DirectX: DX 12

Recommended requirements

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790 or AMD Ryzen 3 3200G
Memory: 12GB
GPU: nVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB or AMD Radeon R9 Fury
Storage 70GB (loaded onto SSD)
DirectX: DX 12

I'll ask this question and then open the floor to the rest of you: Can you believe these seem to be so tame? Out!

Hi all. I'm surprised this hasn't been discussed yet (searched the entire HardForum before I posted this) but earlier this week CD Projekt Red released and PC system specs for Cyberpunk 2077. Here's what we got:

I'll ask this question and then open the floor to the rest of you: Can you believe these seem to be so tame? Out!

CDPR has a pretty efficient engine. Also recommended specs are usually 1080p for the masses not trying to strive for max visuals. Although mentioning a 3200g is quite a stretch I think.

I've always considered Recommended specs to mean "Recommended minimum specs, at current average resolution (i.e. 1080p)"; and minimum specs to being bottom of the barrel, "sure it will run it, but.... " specs.

Recommend specs have never been for the bleeding edge highest resolution crowd.

I don't know why everyone is getting thier panties in a bunch.

I've always considered Recommended specs to mean "Recommended minimum specs, at current average resolution (i.e. 1080p)"; and minimum specs to being bottom of the barrel, "sure it will run it, but.... " specs.

Recommend specs have never been for the bleeding edge highest resolution crowd.

I don't know why everyone is getting thier panties in a bunch.

One thing that people may not know, but I work as a technician in a brick+mortar PC shop. When you get BIG titles like this, you get a LOT of casuals who show up with open-wallets and and a printout of the recommended specifications. These recommended parts are held as a golden standard by these customers. Any deviation is treated like "why didn't you use the part on the list??!?"

"Sir I built you a PC three-times faster than what was on that list"

"BUT WHAT IF THERES A PROBLEM!?!?!?"

1600671541401.png

This probably is for 1080p folks, because us who run 4k resolutions have plenty of power for this game. We don't care for system requirements.
My computer is ready :D

Hell, I won't need to upgrade, my 5700XT is going to kick some.

One thing that people may not know, but I work as a technician in a brick+mortar PC shop. When you get BIG titles like this, you get a LOT of casuals who show up with open-wallets and and a printout of the recommended specifications. These recommended parts are held as a golden standard by these customers. Any deviation is treated like "why didn't you use the part on the list??!?"

"Sir I built you a PC three-times faster than what was on that list"

"BUT WHAT IF THERES A PROBLEM!?!?!?"

can confirm, it's why i refuse to help anyone that instantly pulls up a games recommended system requirements.. that headache isn't worth it anymore, lol.

Looks to be rather light on the cpu and vram, even if it is 1080p. The early rumors seem to be way blown out of proportion.

Curious to see how the One X handles this game.

There are only three settings, ever: Bullshit, shitty, and holy-fuxxor.

I think it will be somewhat of a standard for benching. I could be wrong, but hey I make mistakes every 10,000 years or so.

Back