Cyberpunk 2077

Everyone on Youtube right now is trying to figure out how to monetize on this game by covering all the bases.
My buddy at work has a Lego channel he needs about 700 more subs to get any income. He spends like 1000s of dollars of legos
I don't know what his problem is but I talk to him everyday in the lunchroom.

I'm going to run the Benchmark for the game before I even jump in.

No, it was what they told their SHARE HOLDERS. Aka the people you really, really, don't lie to. The whole "they delayed for video cards" conspiracy is fucking ridiculous nonsense. There is NO proof that anything you said is true. Not a single shred of evidence to support it. Do you have any idea the sheer cost of delaying a game at the last minute? All the marketing was done and ready to go, discs were printed and sent to distributors, and so on. NOTHING speaks to them delaying due to "video cards". Unless you have some actual facts and proof to back up your statement all you are doing is spreading some bullshit, nonsensical, conspiracy theory.
I can tell you that it was held up for perf reason that was attached to a specific GPU, for a fact. Sorry, can't tell you who or why, but it was a real situation.

I can tell you that it was held up for perf reason that was attached to a specific GPU, for a fact. Sorry, can't tell you who or why, but it was a real situation.
Yep, this is true. 3dfx got clout still and they wanted to be absolutely certain that the Voodoo 3 could run it at medium settings.

Guys... it was a joke. lmfao.

Anyway, I watched some gameplay vids that IGN put up this morning. Apparently the highest RTX and screen-space reflections settings are called "psycho" i.e. another step above ultra. Sounds like this will indeed be the "but can it run Cyberpunk" GPU test for a good long while.

Reactions: noko
like this
Guys... it was a joke. lmfao.

Anyway, I watched some gameplay vids that IGN put up this morning. Apparently the highest RTX and screen-space reflections settings are called "psycho" i.e. another step above ultra. Sounds like this will indeed be the "but can it run Cyberpunk" GPU test for a good long while.

the people that bought a 3090 for this game must be crying in their cereal...the 3090 never made sense from the beginning for most people (unless you do a ton of video editing/streaming etc)...especially since the same people that bought a 3090 are the ones changing out their GPU's every generation...I can see the 3090 as a long term value but otherwise it makes zero sense...most reviews on Day 1 pretty much said the same thing

Either Ampere because of Nvidia partnership (more likely) or RDNA2-like APUs in the new consoles, I presume. Any hints?

the people that bought a 3090 for this game must be crying in their cereal...the 3090 never made sense from the beginning for most people (unless you do a ton of video editing/streaming etc)...especially since the same people that bought a 3090 are the ones changing out their GPU's every generation...I can see the 3090 as a long term value but otherwise it makes zero sense...most reviews on Day 1 pretty much said the same thing
IMO nvidia hurt their gaming market image by branding the 3090 instead of a Titan given the competition.

Either Ampere because of Nvidia partnership (more likely) or RDNA2-like APUs in the new consoles, I presume. Any hints?
Hard to imagine a game company delaying a console release because of a PC specific GPU, would they would have not simply delayed the PC release in that case ?

Specially that the delay started way before the Ampere was in anyone PC. But maybe they achieved to get some same date release date via all the marketing they provide for the games.

Last edited:
Can't wait to decrypt 60GB only to download another 60GB.
this is why I'm gonna wait till tomorrow and hope the patch is baked in when I dl. with my internet speed I'll be lucky to have an hour to play tonight. as 60gb will take me about 3 or 4 hours to dl

For anyone wondering about the Day 1 patch: CDPR is calling it a "Day 0 Update". Pre-loads already include the vast majority of the update When the game unlocks there will be a small update (few hundred megs on GOG and a couple gigs on Steam and Epic), but that's it. For anyone with a boxed copy, the Day 0 Update will download at the same time as the game itself.

https://twitter.com/Marcin360/status/1336704470286282752

Hard to imagine a game company delaying a console release because of a PC specific GPU, would they would have not simply delayed the PC release in that case ?

Specially that the delay started way before the Ampere was in anyone PC.

Not at all, nVidia sponsered the game and has clout with them, and Ampere was on the slate well before the delays. Heck Ampere has been on the slate since the 2000 series launched.

Hmm. Interesting. Perhaps some GPU they weren't able to get their hands on until later or some kind of performance bug related to something already existing. If it was related to an Ampere or RDNA2 GPU, it seems like it's kind of a moot point as you can't even buy the cards anyway.

It's unlocked for partnered streamers on twitch for anyone that wants to check it out. Almost a million people watching streams of this game right now. I wonder if that indicates there's a lot of people who've realized their PC won't be able to run it or maybe they just don't mind spoilers.

this is me, and I'm wanting to know how well RTX is handled on it from both Nvidia and AMD.

Hmm. Interesting. Perhaps some GPU they weren't able to get their hands on until later or some kind of performance bug related to something already existing. If it was related to an Ampere or RDNA2 GPU, it seems like it's kind of a moot point as you can't even buy the cards anyway.

Could you imagine the outcry from youtuber's if Ampere was broken on Cyberpunk 2077? The potential bad press alone would weigh in heavily as a factor even if consumers cannot get the GPUs.

nVidia sponsered the game
Yeah that could have included some verbage around release. Would be nice to learn that a massive title like that made console wait for the PC version, but with all the story about how late console reviews item got in and so on, I am not sure why one would conclude that it must be about a PC Gpu and not one in the PS4-ps4 pro-xbox, xbox-x, etc...

Could you imagine the outcry from youtuber's if Ampere was broken on Cyberpunk 2077? The potential bad press alone would weigh in heavily as a factor even if consumers cannot get the GPUs.
Yes I could easily imagine delaying a PC release if Ampere is broken on 2077 (specially with Nvidia sponsorship), but why delay the consoles launch for that ? That where it is a more intense decision.

Just finished the 50 min review by Skill Up.

All in all, 3.6/5 roentgen is about the right score. [mine based on review, not his]

1558018088590.jpg

My main takeaways:
- top tier graphics wise
- very good world density and structure, quality>quantity>size
- game world you enjoy being in
- mixed bag story/script wise, but often good with good game direction
- average gameplay all in all
- subpar gear and skill play
- subpar character models and animation
- subpar driving (wouldn't mention it if not for it being a big component)
- good action game, abysmal RPG
- unfinished, game and immersion breaking bugs
- uncertain if there is enough substance to make a meaningful improvement to the core once the bugs are polished

TL;DR Ankle deep gameplay wrapped in a beautiful, well thought out outer shell. Form over substance for an RPG.

Last edited:
For anyone wondering about the Day 1 patch: CDPR is calling it a "Day 0 Update". Pre-loads already include the vast majority of the update When the game unlocks there will be a small update (few hundred megs on GOG and a couple gigs on Steam and Epic), but that's it. For anyone with a boxed copy, the Day 0 Update will download at the same time as the game itself.

https://twitter.com/Marcin360/status/1336704470286282752

Forealzies? That’s wonderful news!

couple things I've noticed in streams right now that I haven't seen reviews mention (not saying nobody mentioned, just I *personally* didn't see it):

- gun/weapon sounds are really fucking good
- driving controls look nice and weighty with reasonably realistic physics, and great engine sounds

Shroud is streaming cyberpunk right now.
Im not buying a gpu just to play this title, and I'm not paying full price for it.

It's not a bad game from the hour I've watched, just not mind blowing.

Shroud is streaming cyberpunk right now.
Im not buying a gpu just to play this title, and I'm not paying full price for it.

It's not a bad game from the hour I've watched, just not mind blowing.

I'm not sure you can get an accurate representation of the game as a whole from the first hour...isn't that basically just the prologue?...I read that even after 50+ hours people are barely scratching the surface

I'm not sure you can get an accurate representation of the game as a whole from the first hour...isn't that basically just the prologue?...I read that even after 50+ hours people are barely scratching the surface
I was jumping around the sponsored streams.
Something about that feeling the game is still heavily driven on story rails puts me off.

I think my expectation for "open world 1x player gaming" is way too high.

The main story is about 15 h. At 50+ you're way beyond scratching the surface.

Back