Cyberpunk 2077

I've said it multiple times in this thread that bugs don't have to mean game breaking bugs...things like AI acting wonky or characters losing their clothes are just silly immersion breaking bugs but they still need to be fixed...just because you can finish the game in its current state doesn't mean the game is not in need of some major patches
A simple google search is all that's needed. Just underclock / undervolt your graphics card, it'll fix the bugs. Although I haven't seen any. What bugs have you experienced, and what Graphics card do you have?

Whatever...Sounds fishy. Sounds like a big publicity stunt. I don't see how the devs could get locked out of their own computers. There's no way.
That's hollywood level bullshit terrritory. Swordfish school of hacking. According to bloomberg might as well be replaced by accodring to Jason Scheier. I used to think he did good work, but he's just an agitator with an axe to grind.

A simple google search is all that's needed. Just underclock / undervolt your graphics card, it'll fix the bugs. Although I haven't seen any. What bugs have you experienced, and what Graphics card do you have?
He cannot experience any bugs because he did not play the game. I haven't seen the character loosing clothes after the first patch. And not characters because it only ever affected the player character not NPCs.

I got two noticable bugs in 120 hours, one tpose on a motor bike, and one with jackie sitting ontop of the cab instead of inside it. He doesn't know what he is talking about, just parroting the media circle jerk which is led by console players (I'm shocked how few realize this, if this was flipped and PC was broken no one would care).

PC is just fine, AI leaves a little to be desired at times and its really easy to become op and break the game.

I was eagerly awaiting this but with the whole gpu thing have held off since I couldn't run it on my laptop at high settings. I will say this though: this game seems to be right in step with this entire year of 2020 as being one disaster after another. I do hope that the devs can make it into masterpiece with patches and DLC after enough time has passed. When I buy the GOTY edition I'll probably be glad I didn't play it when it came out.

My brother is running a 970, he used GeForce now to play and it worked great, 1080p 60fps ultra settings and rtx on.

I get wanting to run on your own hardware but its a good option when you factor in cost and current supply issues.

The game isn't as broken as some think, heck on PC it was largely fixed in the first patch, practically everything is console related now.

If they touch up the AI and polish up the skill tree so its not so easy to become OP then its in a great spot.

What I have noticed thus far, I have to run my 3090 FE at stock settings or else Cyberpunk crashes. Even the slightest overclock will cause it to freeze in game. No other game I play has that behavior. Besides that, I have not had any bugs thus far. I'm 6 hours into it.

What I have noticed thus far, I have to run my 3090 FE at stock settings or else Cyberpunk crashes. Even the slightest overclock will cause it to freeze in game. No other game I play has that behavior. Besides that, I have not had any bugs thus far. I'm 6 hours into it.
That could well be a PSU issue.

I have a mild overclock on my 2080 Ti, no problems with Cyberpunk (did have a lot of crashes testing the OC, but it's stable now).

I haven't really used DLSS so far. I have a 2070, what are the best options for it? There are 4 presets, I don't know which one to choose.

I haven't really used DLSS so far. I have a 2070, what are the best options for it? There are 4 presets, I don't know which one to choose.

there is a pretty clear visual degrade from balanced to performance, so if you can do balanced its probably the best compromise.

there is a pretty clear visual degrade from balanced to performance, so if you can do balanced its probably the best compromise.
Same from quality to balance. But quality really brings down your FPS. Even with a 3090 it was laughable how low the FPS got when using quality vs balance. In the end I pulled out my old glossy Korean monitor to play at ultra, psycho and quality. I get 60-65 FPS and that glossy monitor makes cyperpunk look waay better than it does on my 43" 4K monitor. Man an all glass screen monitor really is a difference maker in how graphics look.

Has anything been said about fixing the wanted system?
They've said current undesirable NPC and AI behavior is in their category of bugs. Whether that means they'll overhaul stuff like police interactions is anyone's guess.

They've said current undesirable NPC and AI behavior is in their category of bugs. Whether that means they'll overhaul stuff like police interactions is anyone's guess.

any overhaul of gameplay or features will come with the inevitable Cyberpunk 2077: Enhanced Edition in 2023

😏 If someone waits long enough 2077 be an improved experience for certain aspects. I'm expecting bug fixes, some performance improvement for consoles, QoL stuff and some extra customization for the base game. Much like TW3, which for its GOTY edition was just the existing game + DLC in one. Beyond that I'm not expecting much gameplay-wise outside of DLC.

TW3 faired better despite its decent share of bugs/perf issues at launch (console perf was pretty bad in various areas) largely, I think it's safe to say, due to the strength of its other elements and CDPR improving the situation via regular updates (the situation with 2077 is quite different in the latter regard thanks partly to them WFH and more recently their hack).

Whatever...Sounds fishy. Sounds like a big publicity stunt. I don't see how the devs could get locked out of their own computers. There's no way.
The actual article (https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...erely-disrupts-work-on-cyberpunk-game-updates) do not talk about being locked out of their own computer but unable to log on the company VPN from home :
As a result, employees remain unable to log onto the company’s virtual private network, making it impossible to access the systems and tools needed to do most of their jobs, said the people,

It is the title of a company that is simply repeating badly something from an other website that is a bit unprecise like usual

Afterburner is no longer working for me. I dont know if was the last game update or the newer version of Afterburner that is the cause though.

EDIT: Rivatuner 7.3.1 fixed it.

Last edited:
GdP257a.jpg

Cyberpunk 2077's next patch will slow police response, let you remap dodge

CD Projekt posted a mock Night City news report that outlines Patch 1.2's major changes. Skipping past the pretend bits, the patch makes the following adjustments and additions to Cyberpunk 2077:

-Police respond more slowly
-Police appear to assess crime scenes with drones
-Adds a steering sensitivity slider
-Steering should be more consistent during dips in framerate
-Stuck cars can be dislodged by rocking and rotating them
-Double-tapping a movement key to dodge can be disabled; double-tapping the crouch toggle key will then dodge

https://www.cyberpunk.net/en/news/37768/whats-new-in-night-city-patch-1-2-development-insight

Last edited:
Cyberpunk 2077's next patch will slow police response, let you remap dodge

CD Projekt posted a mock Night City news report that outlines Patch 1.2's major changes. Skipping past the pretend bits, the patch makes the following adjustments and additions to Cyberpunk 2077:

-Police respond more slowly
-Police appear to assess crime scenes with drones
-Adds a steering sensitivity slider
-Steering should be more consistent during dips in framerate
-Stuck cars can be dislodged by rocking and rotating them
-Double-tapping a movement key to dodge can be disabled; double-tapping the crouch toggle key will then dodge

https://www.cyberpunk.net/en/news/37768/whats-new-in-night-city-patch-1-2-development-insight

At 26 seconds you can still see a cop spawn out of thin air. At least it is at a distance and not directly behind you now.

It's been 2 months now since 1.1. CDPR needs to get their shit together.

A patch for Police Response? /facepalm

How about a patch with some quality of life improvements like a "Walk" option? (Yes I am aware there is a mod)

Last edited:
I mean, the changes sound decent, but also probably on the bottom of the list.

Maybe fixing the rampant crashing on consoles should have been the priority.

At 26 seconds you can still see a cop spawn out of thin air. At least it is at a distance and not directly behind you now.

Surely they could have the cops jetpack in ala Minority Report or get dropped off by a VTOL rather than just spawning just out of viewing distance!?

Problem is story DLC is likely pushed off for a long time now. And I don't like waiting 1+ year for DLC.
A lot of people are probably working on those full time. My guess is september for the first DLC. Sometimes I wonder how Bioware managed to put out ME3 just two years after ME2, then release 3 huge DLCs within one year. Not to mention the DLCs for ME2.

Oof. This is a pretty big blow. I feel like 1.2 should have been getting in more features (as opposed to content) and not what I would just consider fixes.

A lot of people are probably working on those full time. My guess is september for the first DLC. Sometimes I wonder how Bioware managed to put out ME3 just two years after ME2, then release 3 huge DLCs within one year. Not to mention the DLCs for ME2.

I'm thinking that is a best case scenario. For Witcher 3 the 2nd DLC came out over a year after the game as it was.

I'm still holding out for the better game version and this is, I think, the only game I have pre-ordered.
Its been fun not playing it though, I found Age of Empires III Definitive Edition, what a time sink!
So no worries waiting.

This makes me especially glad that I didn't wait. The very first patch fixed the really glaring stuff like disappearing clothes and t poses. Since then only minor insignificant changes in 4 months that wasn't worth waiting for.

Yeah, I'm glad I didn't wait. They fixed a main game breaking issues, but the game is basically the same now 4 months later.

Surely there will be an ultimate or game of the year edition at some point (maybe next year) but might as well just play now if you're interested.

Back