Cyberpunk 2077 Development "Is Far from Over"

Megalith

24-bit/48kHz
Staff member
“Coming: When It’s Ready”: Cyberpunk 2077 fans probably have a long wait ahead of them, as CD Projekt Red has admitted in a new featurette the futuristic RPG isn’t anywhere near completion. While the game will be presented at this year’s E3, gamers should not be surprised if the final product is somewhat different from what is demoed. The studio did reveal 2077 takes place in a parallel timeline from Michael Pondsmith’s original tabletop game.

"This gave the team the freedom to create a game that respected and referenced the source material," the gruff-voiced narrator says, "but also suited the shift to the videogame medium." …the video concludes with a distinct "don't start holding you breath just yet" tone: "Cyberpunk 2077 may no longer be the mystery it once was, but work on it is far from over," the narrator says, before warning—you've heard this one before—that it will be released "when it's ready."

My favorite game KOTOR was delayed multiple times by over a year. Good delays add more content! No man sky could really have used 6+ month delay.

Is this refried beans and twice baked potato or step-management keeps opening the oven every 10 minutes and Turkey can't cook?

As long as it's not DN:F situation where they keep scrapping most of it to go in a completely new direction I can't imagine this being a bad thing. I wish more devs/pubs would take the when it's ready approach but there is always the risk of losing focus or wasted effort without at least soft deadlines, based on the way they handled TW3 I'm inclined to give them the benefit of the doubt.

Look fine and all, but not something i will spend time on, but for the people who will, lets hope it will be one helluva ride.

Will this be a real MMO with hundreds of players online and in the same persistent world, or another one of those with separate maps where you get thrown into a random group with 3 other people and a list of tasks to complete?

Will this be a real MMO with hundreds of players online and in the same persistent world, or another one of those with separate maps where you get thrown into a random group with 3 other people and a list of tasks to complete?

Its a single player game.

Its a single player game.

Yea when I saw Viivo's comment I was like.. Oh no... what?

Thanks for the reminder this is a RARE GEM IN THE WORLD OF PCRPG's. A single player game that is Deep in story and setting! PLEASE!

If they want to make a MMO version at some point after they establish the world I'm fine with that.

This publisher has a pretty good score card with me (so far). They are also on what I'd call the independent side (ie not slaves to EA, Activision, etc). I'm looking forward to "when its ready".

Since I first saw this game my thought was "this looks like a next gen game" I'm pretty sure they are releasing it some time after PS5 and xbox2 come out... hopefully Nvidia will have a 30xx series that doesn't rape the fucking wallet by then as well. Or AMD to have something that's comparable *sigh*

I just hope it manages to stay next gen. Remember then demo reel for Anthem, and what they actually delivered with Anthem? Sigh....

I just hope it manages to stay next gen. Remember then demo reel for Anthem, and what they actually delivered with Anthem? Sigh....

Welcome to a world where everything has to be shoehorned into crap-consoles...and thus features/Image quality suffers...

Back