CyberPower CP1500PFCLCD PFC Sinewave UPS 1500VA 900W PFC Compatible Mini-Tower $129

TechLarry

RIP [H] Brother - June 1, 2022
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I have a few old APC, which have been going for years and years, not tried any of their new stuff. However I picked one of these up as well, needed another one anyway and price seemed right.

Copied this from my post at SD, seems to always come up with UPS deals, maybe it will help someone else here too:

Someone's comment:

Usually the higher end PFC computer supplies need the pure sine or you'll have problems. The simulated are ok for AV equipment, TVs/monitors, projectors, etc

My reply:

It's actually the lower end active PFC ones that need pure sine wave. In truth, they don't even need the pure sine wave, it's just that pure sine wave units switch over slightly faster in general. These lower end power supplies have caps that are undersized, and can't handle the few milliseconds without power to switch over. If you have a simulated sine wave unit and it shuts down/reboots when the UPS switches over, you should really considering replacing your power supply instead of 'upgrading' to one of these.

I have this exact unit, and several simulated sine wave units from APC and Cyberpower. My girlfriend's PC has a Corsair RM850 power supply which is active PFC, and it switches fine on everything from the 625VA Cyberpower up to the APC 1500va simulated sine wave units. That is the only active PFC power supply I have so I know it's not a huge sample size.

All that said, this is a good price for this unit, which is what I paid for mine from B&H a year or so ago. Use it to power my home theater setup, plenty of time to safely shut down the projector and cool the lamp, and get the file server shut down if the outage actually lasts.

I bought one of these in 2012 and it's been great since.

I tried to purchase another one this morning along with 11 other items from Amazon.
I had half an hour left before the deal expired, only 5% were claimed, but I could not get the order page to continue after the shipping options.
Contacted customer service and they weren't able to help with the order processing, and they wouldn't extend me the deal, but told me to check out their other lightning deals...
Never had an issue before, I've been using Amazon since 2007.

I tried to purchase another one this morning along with 11 other items from Amazon.
I had half an hour left before the deal expired, only 5% were claimed, but I could not get the order page to continue after the shipping options.
Contacted customer service and they weren't able to help with the order processing, and they wouldn't extend me the deal, but told me to check out their other lightning deals...

Just grab it from B&H then as they price matched, free shipping and no tax outside of NY as thesmokingman mentioned above.

I had that issue too. I closed the browser, reopened the cart, and it let me finish.

Wish I had caught this deal, I missed it :( But I did find on Newegg's Shell Shocker for the day the 1350va 810 watt Cyperpower unit for $135 shipped so I snagged that one.

Back