CyberPower 1500AVR UPS

LittleMeEgo

Limp Gawd
I hope it is okay to post a UPS question here in the power supply forum. It is a similar area..

I bought the CyberPower 1500AVR a few days ago. What are your thoughts on this UPS? Cyberpower seems like a more generic name but my googling indicates they are of higher quality..? Found some reasonably favorable reviews of this UPS but nothing in-depth like the thorough reviews here on [H]. I still have a few weeks to return it (I'm not inclined to)... So far I'm rather impressed with the software, as it works in both Vista and Win7 and immediately detected the UPS.

It is quoted as having 'automatic voltage regulators.' Are UPS regulators like this of decent quality? It uses a simulated sine wave when on battery, which my power supply supports. My power supply is the Corsair HX620w, which I believe also does voltage regulation/filtering, correct? Also my power strip is a line filtering one, the Monster Power HTS1000 (its several years old now).

Would you recommend plugging the UPS before or after the power strip for better line filtering? The strip has an audio side and a video side, which I presume filter or prioritize different frequencies? No? The UPS has coax/cable/dss filtering and I'm now using that in front of the cable modem. How are these filters? Waste or worth it? We do get lightning strikes here in the hot summers.. The cable modem's web page at http://192.168.100.1 shows the same signal strength regardless, iirc.

With my 26" LCD, an overclocked E8400 @4ghz, 4GB of DDR2 RAM at 1066mhz, gigabyte ep35-ds3r mobo, 4 SATA HDD's, sb audigy 2 w/bay port, DVD-RW drive, 3.5 floppy, cable modem, linksys router, IP phone, 3-120mm fans, 1-80mm fan, ati 4870 w/512mb RAM I draw 216watts at idle according to the LCD on the UPS and software panel on the desktop. In a game like UT3, I draw about 365watts, which is a good range for efficiency with the HX620w.. (yes I know the monitor is not going through the HX620w.)

Just looking for general feedback and thoughts, please..

Thank you!

Any thoughts/suggestions on my setup, electrically speaking? I don't have much money to invest.

Back