• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

CyberLink PowerDVD Question

ObscureTerror

Limp Gawd
Joined
Aug 29, 2007
Messages
145
I have v5 of this and remember using it a while back and remember it playing DVDs and taking screens with very high quality.

But I haven't used it in a long time (like two years) and wanted to ask: does it install/do anything on your system that isn't that great to have installed?

Any unnecessary background processes I should watch for to turn off?

And - perhaps most importantly - are there any conflicts with drivers, like for nVidia GPUs or anything else system-related?

I remember it being the easiest and best DVD prog out there, because it played and took screens at very high quality, which is important for me, especially because I need screens occasionally for reviewing films etc.

Thanks.
 
As far as I know there are no driver issues or anything.

Doesn't install anything bad but I know it runs a process in the background after running that you have to close manually, but other than that nothing
 
Hey, thanks for the info about the process. I usually check for that, but wouldn't have known with this. Good to know the proggie is "kosher" otherwise.

Cheers.
 
Back
Top