Wow this is really coming out next week?! Really excited for this along with silk song and last faith. Hoping all these turn out awesome as I haven't cared much for anything but side scrollers lately. Don't need a sold out 3080 to enjoy these games!! Lol

Last edited:
Looks like the game is day and date on Game Pass, as it also released there today if you want to try it at no additional cost.

Looks like the game is day and date on Game Pass, as it also released there today if you want to try it at no additional cost.

Absolutely not :D

Already bought it. I had a feeling Yacht Club wouldn't put out crap even if it wasn't their studio.

It’s good. Pretty much what I expected. Looks very nice, the music is really good too. It’s a bit tricky where I’m at, lot’s of projectiles and rotating platforms, etc.

To me this leans a bit more toward Shadow of the Ninja than Ninja Gaiden (which is neither better or worse, just a different play style).

So yeah, I’m really early in the game, but very much enjoying it. I think it’s going to be a bit harder than The Messenger, but we’ll see.

I’ll post back when I get more time in.

I know I don't go by reviews lol looks fun though. I just finished curse of the moon 2, blasphemous and the classic mode rotn so I'm in need of another good 2d side scroller and metroidvania.

Starting to adapt to this game now. It’s really like if you combine Shadow of the Ninja and Megaman funny enough. Still early in the game though. Playing a bit here and there.

I like The Messenger better. :D

This is still great, but I think it could be better.

Onward!

I like The Messenger better. :D

This is still great, but I think it could be better.

Onward!
That's where me and my friend sit too. I liked the Messenger but I didn't really care for the Metroid swap. Still a good game but it became a bit less so after the switch. I LOVED it when it was linear. Also, the music was infinitely better.

Cyber Shadow is a good game...but it's no Shovel Knight and so on.

I played a bit further in, and it's still holding strong, just not like some of my other favorites. A few things that would be nice would be the ability to duck and slash low. I don't like how slashing upward is a skill earned through a boss, nor how it's executed. :D (hope that's not too spoilery) Anyway, I'll keep from saying anything more about progression. It's definitely well-polished, and I'm sure these choices were made for a reason. I guess Megaman can't duck. :p

I actually did like the swap on The Messenger. Agree, the music in The Messenger is WAY better.

Anyway, I hope I don't sound too negative, because the game is definitely good and worth the price. I think I was expecting something just slightly different than what it is. Not by much, and I don't even know what that would be. It's not that it "feels off" as I would usually say in a situation like this, because it doesn't feel off. It's very solid in fact mechanically, just slightly different mechanics than I was anticipating I guess.

It's got a bit of that Sunsoft Batman (NES) feel to it too.

Things are starting to improve as I get further in. I'm starting to like it quite a bit more now. Still leaning Messenger, but this is getting to be better than I thought. Not that I thought it was bad, but now I'm actually enjoying it a lot more.

That's good news! Sucks you can't duck but if it's got good game play that's what matters! Sometimes you don't like a game at first. The same thing happend with death gambit i almost gave up on it but started playing again and now its was one of my fav games! Might wait till a sale for cyber shadow i just started playing resident evil 7 last night that intro was insane lol

That's good news! Sucks you can't duck but if it's got good game play that's what matters! Sometimes you don't like a game at first. The same thing happend with death gambit i almost gave up on it but started playing again and now its was one of my fav games! Might wait till a sale for cyber shadow i just started playing resident evil 7 last night that intro was insane lol

Yeah, my second favorite game that I absolutely knew I’d love took me two or three times starting it before I got endlessly hooked for decades. System Shock 2.

I have to admit, I was hasty judging this game. It just keeps getting better as I go. Good stuff!

Awesome! Now your tempting me to buy early lol gotta hold off till spring or summer sales! Lol

As a fan of both traditional and metroidvania platformers, Yacht Club Games' previous published Shovel Knight titles, and especially Linux gaming, I knew I'd be picking this up! Purchasing from HumbleBundle allowed me to support the game on Steam while enjoying a stackable 20% discount from my HumbleChoice subscriber status - the highest discount of which I am aware at launch! As an added bonus, besides a Steam key , Humble offers manual direct download/installers for Win/MacLinux - a nice touch! Those who play on a Windows PC as well, dual boot, virtualize, or use Wine/Proton be sure to buy with a Linux user-agent browser (if purchasing from Humble, Steam via website, etc) or client!

Looking forward to trying this one out!

Got a bit stuck at a later-game boss last night. I know what I need to do, but it's my least favorite movement/skill in the game, and the timing is awkward. :mad: Oh well, I'll get it tonight. I think I'm around 80% now. Still enjoying it a lot. It's definitely on my indie game recommended list now. (which I need to go back and update as I've probably played 20-30 games since the last time I updated it) :D

I've been locked into Dark Souls 3 recently grinding out all of the achievements on the Xbox version. At the top of Lothric Castle getting ready for the final push in NG++, so almost there after 120 hours. After that I swear I am going to play this game :ROFLMAO:.

I've been locked into Dark Souls 3 recently grinding out all of the achievements on the Xbox version. At the top of Lothric Castle getting ready for the final push in NG++, so almost there after 120 hours. After that I swear I am going to play this game :ROFLMAO:.

:D I've been saying the same thing about DS3! I actually got pretty deep into it when it came out, then got distracted. Still planning to go back to it. It's really the only DS game that I've enjoyed enough to keep playing. (wondering if I should duck after saying that :D )

Played a couple hours this morning. I can see how your first impression wouldn't be that great, as the game is very simple from the outset. But it seems like there is a smooth curve in how the difficulty ramps up and in unlocking powers. Everything also seems to just make sense and clicked with me, so I think this is a very well-designed game. I like how you can go back to prior chapters to unlock areas you can't get to the first time around.

What I absolutely don't like is that the achievements are 16 and 31 points on the Xbox version, meaning the only way to keep your gamerscore a multiple of 5 is to finish this game and get all the achievements. And some of the achievements seem like they are quite difficult to get. My gamerscore was already messed up, though, so it's not as big a deal for me. But that is a pretty dirty psychological trick that the developers played with this game.

I did back to back to back playthroughs to 100% DS3 and it felt good. My NG+ run was corrupted by a hacker and required a creative workaround but thankfully everything reset when I rolled into NG++.

On Topic: This looks like the sort of game which is up one of my brother-in-law's alley and I'll keep tabs on it until it goes on sale and send it as a gift.

Welp, turns out that the achievement scores in this game "fix" my gamerscore. It's now back to a multiple of 5 :cat:.

That being said, is there a new game plus? I have a feeling there is because a couple of the feats seem impossible to do from a fresh NG.

Back