Cyanogenmod on Touchpad

Bbq

King of Charts
Early alpha is hereee http://rootzwiki.com/showthread.php?4011-RELEASE-ALPHA-Discussion-CyanogenMod-team-Touchpad-port

To summarize installation:
Download:
- update-cm-7.1.0-tenderloin-a1-fullofbugs.zip
- ACMEInstaller.zip
- update-cwm_tenderloin-1012.zip
- moboot_0.3.3.zip

Then, plug your touchpad into your computer via usb, and in the main folder, create a folder called cminstall
In this folder, put in:
update-cm-7.1.0-tenderloin-a1-fullofbugs.zip
update-cwm_tenderloin-1012.zip
moboot_0.3.3.zip

Then, go into Computer, rightclick your touchpad, and eject it. Then, go to C:\program files\Palm, Inc and extract ACMEInstaller

Then, with the USB cable still plugged into your touchpad, poweroff the touchpad, then poweron while holding volumeup.

Then, on your computer, navigate to C:\Program Files\Palm, Inc and run:
Code:
novacom boot mem:// < ACMEInstaller

Sit back, and enjoy your new android tablet.

When the installation instructions begin with "you should not install this..." I think I'll wait a bit longer. :)

I installed it, actually works pretty darn well. My only issue with it so far is the battery drain. It doesn't really go into sleep and thus drinks battery like no other. Otherwise, in webOS, the battery lasts for days.

Android is absolutely usable though, way more than I anticpated. Netflix and games and such work great.

I will wait a few more months. Alpha is a bit early for me. I have no complaints about webOS at the moment.

Had one hard crash but overall it's working very well. It's running surprisingly speedy too.

Too bad there are some apps that simply aren't designed for a large screen (but that's even more prevalent in WebOS)

However, now I have an excellent PDF reader, ebook reader, video player, comic reader and web browser all running smoothly without weird pauses. This already far exceeds what WebOS gave me.

It's definitely wiser to not install this until a beta comes out. However, it is very usable and frankly gives me more functionality than WebOS.

ICS is going open source with the Nexus Prime release, right? What are the chances of a speedy port over to that by the end of November? iirc that's the reason CM7 is still using the Android phone kernel.

ok so im trying to follow this but i dont have a Palm, Inc folder in program files. i had it before i think but i deleted it when i tried to start over because i couldnt follow someone elses instructions. how does it get there in the first place?

Pretty sure it's created when you plug in your touchpad. It's in program files, not program files (x86)

yeah it didnt show up in x64 or x86. i think it had to do with java not working on my laptop. tried it on my htpc and everything went smoothly working great now. :)

so does this thing auto update OTA? i got android on it 2 days ago and put it on the touchstone charger after, and nothing happened. today i woke up to it charging itself via the touchstone. im very impressed that they got this feature working! but not sure how it got there... or was the wireless charging always working and i just didnt notice at first?

Back