Customized Helpdesk Software.

Nobi125

[H]ard|Gawd
Wanted to see if anyone had some suggestions on what the best Helpdesk software was these days.

My company is looking for something very fully featured that can be customized by the software provider (if need be). It needs to be well supported, so it will most likely be a paid option. Happy to pay for something of quality.

We have been using a few different Helpdesk apps concurrently for our different regions and want something to unify everything.

I saw some stuff about a SharePoint Helpdesk Module. Any experience with these?

Some basic info:

• Around 1500 users across 20 unique locations.
  • Needs to integrate well with AD across two domains.
  • Fully featured web interface for ticket submission and management.
  • Email updates for ticket status.
  • We have a lot of vendors and may need a way for our helpdesk software to interface with theirs.
  • Android/iPhone App.

Last edited:
What is your line of business?

Two of the (assumed) requirements may require a certain degree of bending: "Needs to integrate well with AD across two domains" and "Android/iPhone App".

Many applications are accessed via web browser. So what do you mean by "Fully featured web interface for ticket submission and management"? More specifically, what makes one HelpDesk application more fully featured than another?

Edit: This forum, as well as the "Webmastering" and "Networking" forums, have had several posts on this topic. I strongly suggest searching those three forums for "helpdesk" and see what people suggest, and the reasons for the suggested applications.

Last edited:
Back