Custom Xbox 360 Case Mod

Bogart

n00b
I took an old custom external hard drive enclosure case, some CPU heatsinks I had around the place and put together a mod for my XBOX. Wanted something to keep it quiet and cool. Aesthetically pleasing wasn't my primary goal just trying to be practical, so keep that in mind in your reviews. Something you can't tell from the pics is that the front panel is a black spray painted plexiglass that is light on the paint near the LEDs so that they show up when on, yet the front looks solid black still. Hope you enjoy.

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

06.jpg

07.jpg

In those last two pics is that some sort of a broadband over power line adapter with the Ethernet cables plugged into the wall socket?

I'm sorry. This looks terrible. Why was the stock case and cooling not suitable for you?

Haha! I love it! Awesome work! Like others said i would move it away from your sub. Im actually very tempted to do the same to my 360 and get a decent hd for it.

My modding finger is tingling.

so what normally causes the Red rings? My buddy has an XBOX that has the RROD. What would it take to fix it?

Case work aside you have to move that thing or destroy all your games. Why would anyone put anything on top of a sub?

Back