Custom Watercooling Project.....need input

linger said:
Is that bad for the pump?

Yes. Not only does it drop efficiency in the cooling loop, but it can destroy the pump itself (depending on what kind it is). Self-priming pumps are less succeptable to damage because they can operate for short periods without water in them. A non-self-priming pump will begin to damage bearings without water in it. They use it for lubrication.

I added a bypass into the loop. I also changed out the tubing from the radiator to the pump. Its been replaced with a 1" ID tube. seems to work a bit better. no restrictions going in now.... Between the two of them, it seems to have quieted my pump down a bit, but its still making noise...pictures later..

-Vi

linger said:
thats some fat ass tubing!

Thats what chicks always say when I drop my pants.

Only they leave out the tubing part.

2.65G with a 2800. Thats an amazing OC. I havent seen anyreviews or anything on that chaintec Mobo. Besides its OCing abiltiy are u liking it? Any problems? Im looking at going to a A64 3000 and working out which mobo to get for OCing on water.

Its a pretty decent board provided you get a great cpu and ram. The top voltage on the Chaintech VNF3-250:
1.7 vcore (overvolts to 1.8)
2.9v for vdimm
1.9 for chipset

it actually booted at 2.7GHz but wasnt prime stable. I need maybe another .1v on the vcore. After testing 2.65GHz for 16hrs it errored, so i dropped it down to 2.6GHz (9x290) and its 24hr prime stable. Hopefully a bios release will add a few more notches in the voltages, but i doubt it. Those capacitors behind the cpu are a tad warm.

Still working on those pics. ill get around to it =]

-Vi

Some more pics. Dont mind the mess =]

Top view of the P4 waterblock
IMG_0591_resize.jpg

Closeup for the quick disconnects...
IMG_0592_resize.jpg

Lowlight shot of the P4 block with the mobo LEDs shining on it
IMG_0593_resize.jpg

You can see the New 1"ID tubing coming into the pump and the bypass valve
IMG_0598_resize.jpg

1" ID tubing coming out of the radiator and the bypass coming into the loop
IMG_0601_resize.jpg

Enjoy..

-Vi

How do you like that pump you are using? I have the model 7, and not too happy with it.

I sent you a PM regarding the pump.

Just purchased an Iwaki WMD-40RLT water pump. Ill let you know how things work out with that when i get it.

-Vi

ViruX said:
Just purchased an Iwaki WMD-40RLT water pump. Ill let you know how things work out with that when i get it.

-Vi

Wow, thats one badass pump. Little too much flow for me, but I would love to hear how it goes.

B.

Back