• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Custom shroud for 120x3

Waterhazard

Weaksauce
Joined
Sep 23, 2005
Messages
96
Has anyone read anything about a fan shroud for a 120x3 radiator? Or maybe someone knows a somewhat easy way to build one? I'm plopping one in a SM stacker case, looking to eliminate the enormous deadspot on these deltas (I guess 150+cfm comes at a price :D ) while still fitting one 5-1/4 and one 3-1/2. Any ideas on these two things?
 
I have a BIX3 rad, but I cant imagine the dimensions can be that different. At least its a starting point. Thanks !
 
I built me own by using 3 coolingworks 120mm shrouds, I cut them using a dremel then welded them togethor using JBWeld. The downside is that it cost me $30 and it was a b***h to mount onto the BIXIII rad though its prety much perfect now. I'll try to get some pics after I find my digicam.
 
Waterhazard said:
I have a BIX3 rad, but I cant imagine the dimensions can be that different. At least its a starting point. Thanks !

They dont fit, its been confirmed.
 
dsc001017dg.jpg


here it is, notice theres a slight gap (1-2mm) between the shroud and rad, some tape or silicon should sort this.
 
Heh, one of those posts featured a really attractive cardboard+ductape shroud. Thanks for the ideas.
 
Back
Top