Custom resolutions in Vista x86

Kwincy

2[H]4U
Can anybody set up custom resolutions in Vista x86? I have the vista nvidia drivers installed ,but I can't set up a custom resolution at all. In fact, it doesn't even appear in the nvidia control panel.

Kwincy

No one?

I'm just trying to get a 16:10 aspect ratio resolution higher than 1280x800 and lower than 1600 by anything for my fw900 widescreen monitor.

Kwincy

I have the same monitor, and the same problem. Widescreen resolutions will not be possible until nVidia releases a video driver that includes a functional control panel.

Personally, I think it's a joke that Microsoft is still using a slider for selecting resolutions. At the very least that should also have a pair of text boxes for manually specifying width and height.

I installed the Nvidia drivers and I can't even get into the display settings to change the resolution.

i installed the nvidia drivers and my monitor wont even turn on due to lack of signal input.

problem found...

the computer cannot start computer with SLi configuration and nvidia drivers (at least for me). I pulled one of the VC's out without changing anything and then bam... starts up.

new bug to be reported.

Back