• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Custom PC randomly turning off

fluidimagery

Weaksauce
Joined
Aug 9, 2004
Messages
70
Just wanted to run a situation by you guys to see if you had any other input.

I'm at a clients right now on her machine. We've had some electrical storms the past few weeks and now her custom PC I've built for her 2 years ago is just randomly turning off.

I believe it happens when the computer is getting taxed... before I was simply running defrag and it completely turns off... no warning then the green light on the front of the tower just blinks intermidently every other second until I pull the power cord and let the motherboard lose power. Plug back in and I'm back on.

I'm thinking Motherboard... but may swap power supply as well. Any other ideas?

Motherboard is an MSI 7125

Thanks
 
It's more likely to be a problem with the power supply than the motherboard.

While you're there, check if she has a good quality surge protector. If not, recommend it.
 
Back
Top