• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Custom Mobo Mount Rear Panel

PoW

Limp Gawd
Joined
Mar 12, 2001
Messages
347
So I just finished putting together a custom motherboard mount for my case. The back of the case poses an issue:
IMG_1888.JPG

This is a totally non standard setup, the mobo did not come with a rear panel as they usually do. I am hoping to piece together a custom rear panel that looks pretty good. I tried my hand at forming one out of old parts but it didnt end up so well:
IMG_1885.JPG

Ended up being kind of nasty :rolleyes:

Does anybody know how to easily create one of these things without a ton of work? Dont say dremel cause I dont want to spend hours dremeling a silly rear panel. Arg this is annoying...
 
Since it's on the back of the case, have you considered possibly using some lexan plastic, then spray painting it silver once you're done cutting the holes & slots?

I just think cutting all the slots, etc, would be easier in plastic than in metal, even aluminum. :cool:
 
What type of motherboard is it. Sometimes you can still get the I/O shield from the manufacture. Did you buy it refurb?
 
Newegg refurb mobo? :D Those damn things never come with them.


...dont be lazy. There is no easy way to make one, your best bet is to use a piece of acrylic or thin sheet metal. Use your dremel :p
 
So all you have to do is cut out a few squares. Not very hard. If i were you I'd nix the optical out though....i mean who really uses that crap?

Img_188888888888888888.jpg
 
Ya thats true, I could get away by just doing a few rectangles like that. I think that is my best and really only option.

Its a discontinued board from Shuttle, they didnt send anything in the packaging. :eek:
 
dude, here's what you do...contact shuttle and ask them for one.... now since it's discontinued it might not work..but i have gotten refurb boards a buncha times, always contact manufacturer and asked for manual and backplate..a couple days later i get a package, with a manual, a couple cables and a back plate....free of charge... DO IT!!! its as hard as typing on your computer....which im sure you can do :p any who its worth a shot, and it will fit perfectly... GL! :)
 
Why not use cardboard or posterboard? There's nothing it needs to support, it's just for decoartion and to keep dust out.
 
Qtip42 said:
If i were you I'd nix the optical out though....i mean who really uses that crap?

crap?!?!? who uses it?!?! its greeeaatttttt!!!!

any pics of the overall project?
 
Back
Top