• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Custom external enclosure

Joined
Apr 20, 2005
Messages
18
I currently use a laptop as my primary computer and it only has an 80 gig hard drive. I also have two external drives but those are also full. So what I would like to do is create a custom enclosure out of a regular atx tower case and just put the harddrives in that and connet it to my computer via usb.

My question is how exactly would this be done? All the hard drives I would be using for now would be ide drives and I found this adapter online
JBOD USB 2.0 adapter and it seems like I would be able to use that and put the harddrives in the case with a power supply. But one problem I have is how would I turn the harddrives on and off? Any help would be appreciated
 
by turning on and off the powersupply in the other case?
 
Back
Top