Custom Etching?

ppandemic

Gawd
Would there be a place online that I could submit a picture and then take the windowed side of my case and send it to them. Or maybe just have them etch a peice of acrylic and send it to me?

i can do it for you, but you need to email me at [email protected]

i work at a graphics shop with a laser etching machine they use to make trophies. i can send you pictures of other etchings, and do a small sample of anything you request.

email me, and we can talk about the artwork you have, what you want, and pricing, and if you are still interested, i can set you up!

GoFastNova said:
i can do it for you, but you need to email me at [email protected]

i work at a graphics shop with a laser etching machine they use to make trophies. i can send you pictures of other etchings, and do a small sample of anything you request.

email me, and we can talk about the artwork you have, what you want, and pricing, and if you are still interested, i can set you up!
can i see a pic of the machine??

I asked the forum moderator to add this to the FAQ because it gets asked about once a week or more. I have sent you a PM ppandemic regarding your window. Keep in mind that most images you find on the internet will not engrave very well due to their low resolution. Vector art is best as it scales to the size of your window. If you want a photo engraved on your window, and you want it take up the whole thing, the photo will need to quite large. For example a 3000x2000 resolution photo will engrave at approximately 6 inches by 10 inches at 300 dpi. So if you want a 16x16 window you can imagine the size of the photo you'd need. They look awesome though after they are done! Another thing is that the acrylic your window is made of is probably extruded. Extruded acrylic does not engrave very well and you will be better off having a replacement window engraved on cast acrylic. Just some things to keep in mind. Good luck to you

How about we get a list going of places that will do this rather than just a bunch of people saying "I will I will".....?

Just start blurting them out and I'll add it to the FAQ.

I can do custom etching on a 3 axis cnc. this unit gives you a 3d look. I can cut windows up to 16" x 15" external dimension. with an mage area of 10" x 10". I can do any bitmap image.
Here is an example of some logos.

http://i3.tinypic.com/11biwlw.jpg

please pm me for more info

khanable said:
hah that is pretty rad.. does come out sorta 3d. me likes.

yes it is 3d because it is actually milled into the plexi on the back side so it is 3d. looks much better than the pictures show.

Back