Custom Displays

Yes, it is IPS. Viewing angles looked good to me.
I think 3x1 (or even better, 3x2) would be a pretty sweet setup. One thing to keep in mind is that the bottom bezel will be a little bigger than the sides and top no matter what because there are some electronics down there as well as the cable coming out of it. However, it's still pretty thin!

Few basic questions:
Does the display use PWM at any brightness levels?
What kind of coating is used?
How thick are the bezels (distance between the illuminated area and the outer edge of the casing)?
What is the color gamut?
Does the display require significant calibration to achieve accurate colors (e.g. any color casts)?
Are you planning on offering any type of warranty?

PWM rate is 16KHz and it can do 100% dutycycle (meaning constant on). Specs post updated.

I saw an prototype case today. It's coming along nicely and I'll post pictures soon.
For those of you who would use it while travelling, how important is thinness and where do you imagine the most convenient plug locations to be?

May not be useful, but I ran across an interesting monitor made by Gehic that has a stand that doubles as a cover to protect the panel while traveling. You can see some pictures of it at http://www.gechic.com/product_help_en.asp?s=14

The panel itself is just a cheap low-res TN panel but I thought the stand was interesting.

Yeah, I did see that one. We're currently working on multiple stand ideas. Personally, I'm a fan of a separate piece because it's simpler for people who just want to use it VESA mounted on a desktop. But, I'm not 100% sold on the idea if people feel really strongly the other way.

Am I understanding this thread correctly -- someone is making an adapter to take a DisplayPort signal and convert it to 40 pin eDP? Where can I get just the adapter? I have one of these LP129QE1-SPA1 panels but no way to use it with a PCI-e video card.

I did pick up an Intel DQ77KB which has a 40 pin eDP connector, I just need to find a cable to try it out.

Thanks,
Mark

I designed+tested the board and sold the design to DrinkTea. He will be handling all of the manufacturing, distribution, and business aspects of the project.

Hi I am really interested in buying the driver board for this panel. I was also wondering what is the latest with this project.

Yup! Same idea, but I think if you like that you'll love MiniMax.
We have power over USB instead of a barrel plug, a design where the board isn't exposed (so it's portable), you don't have to assemble it yourself, and the screen is bigger.

I don't really see a need personally, some people have made adapters for the 15" retina displays which is also kind of neat but what do I need a 15" LCD for on my desk?? heck even my laptop has a 17" LCD

the resolution is great ya, but I just can't see the use of a <22" monitor even my 24" monitors are starting to feel small lately

It's more about the resolution and using it as a secondary display, especially if your other panels are reasonable DPI. Or having it as a portable display to be a nice companion with a surface pro 3 or retina macbook.

Back