Custom Desk

20140727_213443.jpg

20140727_213458.jpg

20140727_214055.jpg

20140727_214107.jpg

I'm assuming the glide hardware and the MDF center stand are for articulating a vertical mast on which you'll mount LCDs...

I wonder what the PSI on the rollers will be? I did something similar with four CRT's years ago on casters but the high PSI made the glide more difficult than I anticipated.

When the desk is done, you need to make a video of it being moved to its final resting place.

lol will do

Pretty cool!

Good god, that thing is going to end up eating smaller desks and absorbing their power.

lol

Damn that is lookin awesome!

There's plenty of crane videos on YouTube. :p
thanks lol

I'm assuming the glide hardware and the MDF center stand are for articulating a vertical mast on which you'll mount LCDs...

I wonder what the PSI on the rollers will be? I did something similar with four CRT's years ago on casters but the high PSI made the glide more difficult than I anticipated.

That was my one question, will the rolling arm take the weight and constant torque.

I actually made note of this the hardware is to pull the monitors foward. and the slides are designed for 100lbs load. the monitors are 7-9lbs each and stand is 15lbs. so ill still be able to hang off of it. lol

One thing. I notice the metal sheathing stops just after it makes the final round around the bottom. Leaving you with a metal "lip". I know you've fastened it. But isn't that lip going to scratch flat floors or catch on carpeting?

Or is this a "Patience Asshopper! There is a plan!" moment?

Very fine work, I am impressed.

I've built 4 desks / offices (working on my 5th ;) ) and I can assure you that I appreciate the work and effort you are putting into this- keep up the good work.

Those end-caps on the upper left and right sides would have been perfect cubby-holes for something. Or maybe more slides, so you could have a slide-out drink holder (that isn't the CD/DVD-ROM).

I am very glad that I do not have to move that desk though.

This makes me want to build another custom desk.. great work!

Thank you :)

One thing. I notice the metal sheathing stops just after it makes the final round around the bottom. Leaving you with a metal "lip". I know you've fastened it. But isn't that lip going to scratch flat floors or catch on carpeting?

Or is this a "Patience Asshopper! There is a plan!" moment?

lol, The metal itself is not attached the way I want it yet. there will be more. and i have 4 very heavy duty steel feet ment for several hundred pound loads that will level the desk.

my main problem is time. I get one day off a week :(

looking wicked

Thank you

Very fine work, I am impressed.

I've built 4 desks / offices (working on my 5th ;) ) and I can assure you that I appreciate the work and effort you are putting into this- keep up the good work.

Thank you very much. :D

Those end-caps on the upper left and right sides would have been perfect cubby-holes for something. Or maybe more slides, so you could have a slide-out drink holder (that isn't the CD/DVD-ROM).

I am very glad that I do not have to move that desk though.

I thought about making a slide out headphones holder compartment or something like that with it but i didnt want to get too carried away. my main focus is a solid desk thats going to last.

I get this weekend off so hope to make some good progress then. Thanks for watching makes it more fun to build

im at a small stand still for the moment need to buy a new spray gun, paint, more aluminum, and a few other things. The aluminum i have is too thick for my break to bend in the length I need. Just waiting until money is right. Sorry for the slow updates. I want to finish this too because i have other projects lined up after this one. including my own personal desk/s and a Crossfire150 rebuild

Hey OP, not to push you and your finances, but there were a lot of people watching this awesome desk build. Any chance you were able to make some updates in the last month?

Back