Custom Comp

Ripped85

Limp Gawd
My friend wants to spend around $700 on a comp and wants to play source...thing is he doesn't know a thing about comps, nor how to put one together, so i reccommended he buys a pre-made...you guys know any good companies out there that puts together some nice rigs at a good price?

At that price point your friend should start looking at vendors like Gateway and Dell. Or he should even consider buying an eMachines and upgrade the graphics.

However, I've been browsing Dell and Gateway's sites today and have not been able to find a system that is price or performance competitive with our Vector GX Campus Edition. For $999 you get a Core 2 Duo system with a 7600GS, 1GB RAM, and a 1280x1024 17" LCD panel. Keyboard, mouse, and speakers are also standard. It's very aggressively priced and one of the best values out there. But of course I'm biased. =)

http://www.velocitymicro.com/wizard.php?iid=86

I recommend that you look here. We don't look at computers in that price range much, but it will at least give you an idea of what companies are good and bad.

Sweet system, Morley. Extremely competitive pricing.

Back