• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Custom Audio Circuit

darrenster

Weaksauce
Joined
Nov 28, 2009
Messages
99
Hello All,

I'm sure this is not exactly the right place for this but I need some direction. I have an idea for a unique custom communication device that does some audio processing. I know what I want this "black box" to do but have no idea how to begin in building this circuit. Does anyone have a suggestion of a forum or company to look at for some more advice??

Thanks
 
Sounds like a good senior project for a 3rd year/4th year college student in electrical engineering- maybe you could team up with one at a local school near you?

Maybe even a college student in an entrepreneural business class that needs a project idea?
 
Well you could try diyaudio.com, but people around there tend to be quite hostile to people expecting free assistance for their commercial endeavour, and rightly so. However there's plenty of information about basic audio circuits stashed throughout the forums there, and lots of helpful people if you keep your questions targetted and not of the 'design this for me so I can sell it' variety. If you're starting with no electronics knowledge though, you're probably better off just hiring someone to do it for you, it takes a long time to learn this stuff DIY style.

I'm not sure where you might go looking for a professional consultant to help with this, but Danny's suggestion of approaching a local college EE prof is a good one. When I was in college the profs often seemed to have trouble coming up with good real-world projects from local businesses for us to work on when the class needed one, so your query might be well appreciated. Though if you follow this approach, make sure you know exactly what you want and have it as well documented as possible going in, don't waste the students' or prof's time trying to figure out what it is you want.
 
Back
Top