custom 6800gt ram/voltage regulator cooler(not your average cooler)

ryuji

2[H]4U
pictures say it all, please leave comments, im interested on what people think of it

lol look's ghetto but if it work's then i say use it!

gclg2000 u would use anything..lol

gclg2000 said:
looks very effective. But does look ghetto rigged. I'd use it.
looks better then the rubber bands i had, got any better suggestions for mounting? the regulator gets too damn hot(ow! hot) without them

Lol that reminds me of my old Radeon 8500. I didnt want to change the cooler on it, but i put ram sinks on it and wanted more performance, so i screwed an 80mm case on on the front and the back.

Honestly, a 8500 with 2 case fans screwed to it..that was a sight ;).

i expected more positive comments, ohwell. i didnt and still dont see it as ghetto, rubber bands was ghetto :p

its quiet too, the twin deltas are silent and now my memory, and voltage regulator is room temp and the regulator is no longer you smell bacon? hot:cool:

ryuji said:
i expected more positive comments, ohwell. i didnt and still dont see it as ghetto, rubber bands was ghetto :p

I think your expectations are too high. Almost all the comments were positive but yours, in all honesty.

It's a well constructed mod. Good work.

They weren't drop-jaw impressed, but gave you props. Props are props. That's all I meant.

i recongnised that, guess i need to be a bit more carful on how i word things :rolleyes:

turns out the cooling wasnt so extreme afterall, new oc toasts my old benches at 400/1100, it now runs 100% stable at 385/1210 (somthing i couldnt do at 400/1100, it randomly froze) funny part is the 6800 gt's have tighter memory timings then the ultras and yet i still got 1210 :eek:

:cool:
didnt run 05 at 4 ghz, was finding max oc at 3.8 just to be sure it wasnt mobo/cpu related, dont imagine it changing more then a few points at 4 ghz...ill bench it again if you guys want its jsut the 05 bench takes so long :rolleyes:

thanks, now all i need is to get copper sinks for the ram and volt mod the memory for 1.5 ghz :eek: that is unless ddr3 doesnt respond to voltage then i wont bother

finaly figured out that to get 3dmak 2001 to run i had to do 2x af or higher

Back