Currently own the Dell 2001FP and Thinking of getting the Dell 24"?

baldyguy

Limp Gawd
I currently own the 2001 FP. It's in excellent condition. I do alot of programming and not much of a gamer. Is it worth the upgrade and trying to sell my 2001fp? I need a dual monitor setup and I know that it will make my life easier when it comes to being more productive.

If you feel you need the extra resolution than yeah it's worth it. A big incentive for 24" or larger monitor for most people I notice is for PC gaming or being able to display 1080P with their Xbox 360 or PS3 systems. I don't PC game on it but, I do watch alot of movies on it as well as have an Xbox 360 hooked up to it. I also tile windows often and want more of the page displayed on the screen. Because of the higher res you can display multiple windows on the desktop better than a 20". Yes, you move up in size of the screen but, the increase in resolution is really the incentive to a 24" monitor. I did benefit in the entertainment side of it but, also productivity side where the multiple window display enable me to finish up my work that I take home. Anything that can help facilitate your work, homework etc is by no means a waste of money.

2x 22" would be better imo if you are programming

even 2x20"

I only suggest one big screen over two if you are a gamer/movie watcher. Two screens is more productive.

2x 22" would be better imo if you are programming

even 2x20"

I only suggest one big screen over two if you are a gamer/movie watcher. Two screens is more productive.

This is absolutely true! I to as well as many others at work use dual monitor setups as oppose to 1 large monitor. For entertainment use such as Gaming/Movies, a large monitor is more ideal. Programming, multiple web browsing then Dual monitors is more suitable. However, CAD and Excel programs can benefit to larger higher resolution monitors where the extra area is needed.

Can you afford to keep the 20" and buy the 24"? If so, you should do that. the 20" goes nicely next to the 24" in a dual screen setup. you will have plenty of room.

I had a Dell 2000FP (the predecessor to yours) and just recently replaced it with a 24" and really love the additional width. Although, two 20" displays would give you a lot more workspace than one 24".

Back